• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2018, April 6-8, Dallas TX
1 1

265 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, RattyLa said:
5 hours ago, mysterio said:

Excellent, same weekend as C2E2. :whee:

:frustrated:will be interesting how this turns out

Yeah, it will be interesting. Vendors, guests, and attendees will have some difficult decisions to make. I was hoping to hit C2E2 for the first time in 2018, and now that is not going to happen.

4 hours ago, RattyLa said:

Cgc 2018 list updated through august.

no fan expo dallas listed, c2e2 and San Jose comic con same weekend are.

hopefully cgc adds this 3rd show to their weekend schedule.

They've started onsite grading at C2E2, so I'd bet the extra personnel they'll need there will make a third show that weekend unlikely. Too bad they picked San Jose over Dallas. Maybe we'll get lucky. 

11 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

So I don't think they knew, since we don't have the 2018 dates on the Fan Expo Dallas website yet. They asked me to confirm the dates, which I did and if you look on the 2018 schedule, you can see they've added it.

That is very good news, thanks Kevin!

15 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

I don’t think so, not on the Comics side at least

I would assume it would be celebs for early announcements, but something to get the ball rolling for spring. Thanks for responding!

Edited by mysterio

And as Kevin said it was cool to pitch suggestions, here are some:

-Game of Thrones cast (especially as the final season will be airing in 2018, and I seem
to recall some previous cancellations...)
-Westworld cast (specifically Thandie Newton - new season of this show comes out in 2018)
-Prison Break cast
-Current and former SNL players (worth noting, TCU gets current ones for their students frequently on Friday evenings, in Sept. 2017 they had Cecily Strong and Pete Davidson, and last Spring they had 2-3 others on Fridays as well)
-Famke Janssen (Was at Fan Expo Canada)
-Kelly Hu (I know she attends conventions, plus she was in X2 with Famke!)
-Ernie Reyes Jr.