• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Falling Sales
6 6

1,204 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Black Panther too - the white ruler of Wakanda!  Maybe make him British or Dutch for diversity's sake!

Don't forget Storm, who needs to be recast as an overweight white dude with a scraggly beard and an affinity for the NFL and Budweiser.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Black Panther too - the white ruler of Wakanda!  Maybe make him British or Dutch for diversity's sake!

Don't forget Storm, who needs to be recast as an overweight white dude with a scraggly beard and an affinity for the NFL and Budweiser.

I'm envisioning the comic book guy from the Simpsons, one hand in a fist, the other clutching a 64 ounce Mountain Dew! :banana:

5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I'm envisioning the comic book guy from the Simpsons, one hand in a fist, the other clutching a 64 ounce Mountain Dew! :banana:

"Here's the snap...hold looks good and OH MY GOD!  Vinatieri just got struck by lightning!  In a dome!"

I would definitely pay $3.99 an issue for some stories of Comic Book Guy Storm using his power to manipulate the spread.

Edited by mattn792

6 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Ka-Zar would be a common sense choice. A British lord with an enormously large cat as a sidekick.

Edited by Ken Aldred

8 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Ka-Zar would be a common sense choice. A British lord with an enormously large cat as a sidekick.

For diversities sake, you can switch him to a her that has escaped from a mental institution and call her Kra-Zee.

Just now, Jayman said:
10 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

For diversities sake, you can switch him to a her that has escaped from a mental institution and call her Kra-Zee.

I was thinking more along the lines of the Zabu being his lover....., you know, to appeal to bestiality crowd.

2 minutes ago, Jayman said:
5 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the Zabu being his lover....., you know, to appeal to bestiality crowd.

Sorry but Zabu is a transgender cat/dog. :cry:

And Ka-Zar says, "Don't make no difference."

1 minute ago, Jayman said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

And Ka-Zar says, "Don't make no difference."

That's our Ka-Zar, breaking down the walls of diversity! You go Jungle Boy! :golfclap:

:banana:

At the very least, Ka-Zar could always say that Zabu is an Antarctic Panther and not a Sabretooth; a mistake commonly made.

14 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Marvel has lead the way in diversity.   Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage, Storm, War Machine, Sunfire, Ms. Marvel, Black Goliath etc.   All great.  I just don't see the need for them to eliminate the white male superhero from the 1960's, replacing them with knock off versions for a Modern age.  The old timers aren't buying it and the young kids aren't buying it, so why continue to force it in with Marvel Generations. 

I agree Marvel was very diverse before it was PC to be diverse.  All the characters you mentioned are great, and prime examples of characters that were created to be great characters.  The told great stories about them, and they just had their race or ethnicity as part of the larger person, not as the sole reason for their creation.

I also think the replacement of characters that they deem are not diverse enough, with new verions is a massive part of the current problem.  Use the characters you already have, create new characters.  Do not blow up everything that came before.

45 minutes ago, NUNYABZ said:

What is this #comicsgate happening on twitter, a friend mentioned it to me this AM.  Someone being harassed by Marvel and DC writers at Baltimore Comic Con? 

There are some comic professionals in a private Facebook group discussing harassing a guy who does reviews/cometary on comics via you tube at the Baltimore con. Well they have someone in that group that sent a screenshot of the conversation to the guy. 

At 61 pages now here, I think it is clear everyone on boards knew the subject of Marvel's falling sales by now. None we can do to change that. The train of opportunity had gone past long ago. 

Even if Marvel can improve up ...it will never be able to match the 1960s level or other levels before the 1990s. I hope the next new chief in office will do a better job to market the characters in comics. 

I hope I will not see Mickey ears on Spider-Man in his re-written origin again!

23 hours ago, WoWitHurts said:

There are some comic professionals in a private Facebook group discussing harassing a guy who does reviews/cometary on comics via you tube at the Baltimore con. Well they have someone in that group that sent a screenshot of the conversation to the guy. 

That would be Diversity & Comics. he has been reviewing and trashing Marvel books for months. Its a political issue so can't really be discussed in full detail.

22 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

I hope I will not see Mickey ears on Spider-Man in his re-written origin again!

I had heard that Disney was considering adding those to Thanos' helmet in Avengers : Infinity War, in order to make him less frightening and intimidating to younger viewers.

Edited by Ken Aldred