• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Falling Sales
6 6

1,204 posts in this topic

On 14/9/2017 at 8:32 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think one reason for the bad sales is by trying to bring in the new fans they turned off their loyal fans.

Marvel ticked off their loyal fans, and if we go by these new numbers the loyal fans have abandoned ship.

Good job Axel Alonso. You managed to do what all other Marvel-Editor-In-Chiefs could not do these past 50 years. You killed the goose that laid the golden eggs by chasing away Marvel's most loyal customers.

I'm late to the game on this one but I agree.

I'd much rather spend money on something like the Geoff Johns run on GL in hardcover than bother with current titles.

I flicked through the Thor Ragnarok Prequel and it was a confusing mess. 

Better a tried and true classic than a garbled mess unable to emulate past greatness.

On 24/9/2017 at 1:58 AM, Fan Boy said:

At 61 pages now here, I think it is clear everyone on boards knew the subject of Marvel's falling sales by now. None we can do to change that. The train of opportunity had gone past long ago. 

Even if Marvel can improve up ...it will never be able to match the 1960s level or other levels before the 1990s. I hope the next new chief in office will do a better job to market the characters in comics. 

Although in the 1960s Marvel titles were being outsold by other mainstays such as the Archie line, it was still a bold era of experimentation that will never come to pass again.