• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I just read....
1 1

105 posts in this topic

I just read....

Anything, any era. Use this thread for a quick synopsis of your thoughts/rolling discussion (good bad or indifferent) of any comic that is on your mind because you just read it. I'll start.

I just read Destroyer Duck #1 and was blown away. I was probably too young to get it fully when it came out, but it's brilliant satire. Is the OO out there in the marketplace anywhere???

1 minute ago, porcupine48 said:

Web of Evil 13.Pre code goodness!

Books like this do nothing but corrupt impressionable youngsters like you, Jimmers.

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Books like this do nothing but corrupt impressionable youngsters like you, Jimmers.

they ruined me thirty years ago..sigh,look at me now...now i'm going read the Rock and Roll comics story of the Cure.

17 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

they ruined me thirty years ago..sigh,look at me now...now i'm going read the Rock and Roll comics story of the Cure.

Good band.

28 minutes ago, RidersRohan said:
47 minutes ago, Huh? said:

One of the worst bands ever, along with The Smiths and Depeche Mode.

Welcome to the boards.  Did you join just so you can rip the Cure, the Smiths and Depeche Mode? 

I would.  :sick:

55 minutes ago, Huh? said:

One of the worst bands ever, along with The Smiths and Depeche Mode.

The Smiths and Depeche Mode were okay too, but hardly my favourites.  

23 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

indeed. but not burzum

I'm not too familiar with Scandinavian extreme metal, apart from having some Opeth albums.

Of course, nothing matches the songwriting genius of Abba's Ulvaeus and Andersson.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Last night, I read Wilbur #5, which is known for being the first appearance of Katy Keene, but it also contains a story titled "Train Troubles," which is an exact redraw of a story from Archie #1, with Archie's head replaced with Wilbur's. I was surprised by the overtly racist caricature of the porter on the train. 

Tonight, I'm reading DH reprints of Wolverton's Spacehawk, and, after a quick peek, Jonah Hex Two-Gun Mojo has moved up my pile!

12 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Hey guys, thanks for ruining what potentially was an interesting thread :tink:

You're Welcome!  :martini:

11 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Last night, I read Wilbur #5, which is known for being the first appearance of Katy Keene, but it also contains a story titled "Train Troubles," which is an exact redraw of a story from Archie #1, with Archie's head replaced with Wilbur's. I was surprised by the overtly racist caricature of the porter on the train. 

Tonight, I'm reading DH reprints of Wolverton's Spacehawk, and, after a quick peek, Jonah Hex Two-Gun Mojo has moved up my pile!

Before Zenith I read Moebius / Jean Giraud's Lieutenant Blueberry graphic novels.

Good stories, and I particularly like the gritty, more realistic art style which this comics genius uses here, very different to his science-fiction / fantasy work.   Great western material.

Two-Gun Mojo was good.  Lansdale and Truman, IIRC?

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 minute ago, Ken Aldred said:

Before Zenith I read Moebius / Jean Giraud's Lieutenant Blueberry graphic novels.

Good stories, and I particularly like the gritty, more realistic art style which this comics genius uses here, very different to his science-fiction / fantasy work.   Great western material.

Two-Gun Mojo was good.  Lansdale and Truman, IIRC?

I loved Tecumseh and Wilderness - superb stuff.