I just read....
1 1

62 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2017 at 7:52 PM, 01TheDude said:

I really enjoy the animated series-- considering finding a TPB or some real issues of this series to check it out.

They have 2 treasuries that they released for Local Comic Shop Day each of the past two years with both housing 6 issues.  That might be a more affordable option.  The books are a great extension of the series in my mind.

1 person likes this

On 4/22/2017 at 0:03 AM, Readcomix said:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Century 1969....disjointed, trying too hard, not at all like its predecessors. Seemed like a pale aping of Morrison's Doom Patrol, albeit with a few clever kernels .... Story, once you locate two thirds of the way through, hinges on the concept of serial possession, and the satanic immortal villain is conducting what is referred to as hippie fascism (I wonder if Moore is familiar with Dave MacGowan's work?) and there's a clever send-up of a British band that is clearly Stones-inspired, singing lyrics that are a clever homage to Sympathy for the Devil. It's weak, but comes together in the end. Take it or leave it.

I just discovered him about a year ago. Great stuff by the guy. His death though was a little shocking at a somewhat young age.