• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These Jusko variants could use a wall display
1 1

18 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2017 at 8:59 PM, 90sChild said:

These Jusko variants could use a wall display

I've been toying around the idea of mounting these all on the wall in one big collage.

I bought one of the signed lithographs that was mocked up to look like a 60's Marvel comic corner & I taped it up to the side of one of my bookcases. :shy:

jusko corner.jpg

6 hours ago, ebtorres said:

I've been a Joe Jusko fan since his work on the 1992 Marvel Masterpieces trading cards. 

James, that was also one of my favorite covers from the TWD #100 Hero Initiative.

Marvel masterpieces cards were awesome I collected those too.  I saw Jusko was doing a new set in 2016, I was in shock they are going for over $200 per box with only 36 cards.  It made far more sense to me to buy these nice big comics rather than a tiny little 3x5 card for the same price.  Its the reason I didn't feel bad about buying all these. 

Bababooey - when did those lithographs come out I must have missed it.  Sweet.

Edited by 90sChild

5 hours ago, bababooey said:

I bought one of the signed lithographs that was mocked up to look like a 60's Marvel comic corner & I taped it up to the side of one of my bookcases. :shy:

jusko corner.jpg

That's awesome. Where'd you find that? Might have to acquire one.

I grabbed that on my way out of a Buffalo comic con last year, I think it was $20.....the guy selling them didn't have comics just stuff like that, I think he had about 6 or 7 to pick from some were signed, some not, I almost went with the DD.  I liked the slightly distressed look of it - I only put it up a while ago, after I brought it home I didn't have any idea what to do with it so it got stashed away, I recently 'found' it when moving some stuff.

Edited by bababooey

On 04/04/2017 at 8:46 PM, bababooey said:

I grabbed that on my way out of a Buffalo comic con last year, I think it was $20.....the guy selling them didn't have comics just stuff like that, I think he had about 6 or 7 to pick from some were signed, some not, I almost went with the DD.  I liked the slightly distressed look of it - I only put it up a while ago, after I brought it home I didn't have any idea what to do with it so it got stashed away, I recently 'found' it when moving some stuff.

Cool. Been meaning to hit up a Buffalo con for a while, any coming up this summer?

5 hours ago, 90sChild said:

Glad he still sells them, looks like he continued to make a bunch more characters over the years.  Too bad won't be seeing him at a Con any time soon.

Yes, most of the issues you have, he had posters for sale and a few others.
Hopefully next year will look a little better for some Cons. Fingers crossed.

Joe Jusko came to AZ a few years ago. He was very nice and spent a lot of time talking to everyone. I think it was shortly after the corner box covers came out, and I picked up this Luke Cage, which, at the time, was the only one he made that was not on a comic. We talked for a bit about his most recent Marvel Masterpieces set and how people were disappointed in how expensive they were and hard to find, but there are books out now that collect the artwork from that series, and it's well worth it. It's a beautiful hardcover with full page color artwork. I was also able to get on his sketch list and got this Conan piece.

When I was ~12 years old, he came to a show and I waited in line several times (there was a singing limit) to get the entire Marvel Masterpieces Series 1 and his work in Series 2 signed, which I still have to this day.

20200715_205353.jpg

20200715_205403.jpg