• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you live in Long Island...
1 1

35 posts in this topic

So it does not look to be piles of barely seen artwork. Ok, not really that exciting.

I must say though, how amazing would it be if an unknown massive collection of older artwork, that was bought back in th days, comes up like this in an estate sale.

Are there any stories of similar events ? Where key pieces came up ? Would love to hear them.

15 minutes ago, shadroch said:

SGT Fury 113 is a reprint from 1967. No original art in that book as far as I know.

I didn't know that.  I just saw the 113 at the top of the page in the auction picture.  I have no idea what issue the art is originally from.  

4 hours ago, Flambit said:

I didn't know that.  I just saw the 113 at the top of the page in the auction picture.  I have no idea what issue the art is originally from.  

From 101 to at least 115 every odd numbered book was a reprint.

New here, hi! 
Has anyone actually seen pages beyond what's on the listing site? I'd go the 1.5 hours for a nicely priced Ayers Fury page that's not from the reprint era...  
I was considering begrudgingly driving out to this before Comic Art Con very early tomorrow morning, but seems like it might be a bust judging by the pages they chose to feature in the listing.  

6 hours ago, johnwhitlock said:

New here, hi! 
Has anyone actually seen pages beyond what's on the listing site? I'd go the 1.5 hours for a nicely priced Ayers Fury page that's not from the reprint era...  
I was considering begrudgingly driving out to this before Comic Art Con very early tomorrow morning, but seems like it might be a bust judging by the pages they chose to feature in the listing.  

The lot already sold.

It certainly doesn't look like easy money.  Sure, if you are a dealer and you have the infrastructure, I suppose it's not bad since you will just feed it through your process.  But if you are an individual, scanning, listing, packing, etc.  Even if the estimates of $83 cost and $125 sale price is accurate (I personally think the $125 average is optimistic) I'm not sure if you making more than minimum wage after netting all the costs required.

Malvin

5 minutes ago, malvin said:

It certainly doesn't look like easy money.  Sure, if you are a dealer and you have the infrastructure, I suppose it's not bad since you will just feed it through your process.  But if you are an individual, scanning, listing, packing, etc.  Even if the estimates of $83 cost and $125 sale price is accurate (I personally think the $125 average is optimistic) I'm not sure if you making more than minimum wage after netting all the costs required.

Malvin

not to mention storing, and lugging around 80% of it for the next five years