• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Spiderman 14 1st Green Goblin

20 posts in this topic

An assortment of small color breaks on the spine, general soiling, edge tanning, soft corners and what appears to be a small cbc crease in the corner keep this beauty at 7.5 for me.

Never get tired of seeing this great ASM key book, congrats(thumbsu

Yep, I was thinking 7.5 as well. I love how the red just pops on this book. It really is a work of art.

I have a love of this book too. Its the first book I invested in and got Stan to sign. 

I'm a tad more optimistic than the others with this book.  To me I don't see why it wouldn't bring in an 8.0/8.5 with a clean and press solidifying an 8.5.  A few spine ticks, a little chatter on the top of the book, normal corner and edge wear.  The most significant issue I see is the upper left CBC on the FC which isn't big at all.  The centering is perfect, staples are perfect and the colors pop!  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  When will you get the book back from grading (if thats the direction you went).

I guess I'm in the minority because I see a 6.0/6.5. That top left corner has too much wear for a 7+, imho. The back looks great though, so it might surprise me.

Edited by Rorsack

14 minutes ago, Rorsack said:

I guess I'm in the minority because I see a 6.0/6.5. That top left corner has too much wear for a 7+, imho. The back looks great though, so it might surprise me.

Just this week, I had my ASM 14 that was a 9.0 pressed and re-graded come back as 9.2, here was the top left corner. So, I think 7+ is viable. (obviously this pic was taken before I sent it in)...

IMG_4450.JPG

Edited by kevhtx

15 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Just this week, I had my ASM 14 that was a 9.0 pressed and re-graded come back as 9.2, here was the top left corner. So, I think 7+ is viable. (obviously this pic was taken before I sent it in)...

That's a great example, thank you. Silver keys also seem to get a sympathetic eye, so maybe I'm off base, wouldn't be the first time :roflmao:

31 minutes ago, Rorsack said:

That's a great example, thank you. Silver keys also seem to get a sympathetic eye, so maybe I'm off base, wouldn't be the first time :roflmao:

Yeah, they do. Im sometimes surprised by it really. But, Im ok with it. haha. The grade bump I got increased my value a few thousand over what I paid, so Im happy. This is such a great, beautiful book. I think it might be my favorite silver cover, but I am biased.

Unless you can press out the top overhang I don't see anything over a 7.5.  As is I see it coming back 7.0 / 7.5 especially with CGC being tight

Thanks fellas. To be honest I bought it as a vf. Personally I think 7.5/8.0 as that top left front corner is not too bad, but it's the most significant flaw. Once I actually get it in hand I'll take a look and see if it's worth a clean and press. I'm hesitant to send it in at the moment with the grading being so tight. I don't mind tight grading as long as it's on point and not trying to just make a point. fingers crossed

2 hours ago, Twistty1 said:

Thanks fellas. To be honest I bought it as a vf. Personally I think 7.5/8.0 as that top left front corner is not too bad, but it's the most significant flaw. Once I actually get it in hand I'll take a look and see if it's worth a clean and press. I'm hesitant to send it in at the moment with the grading being so tight. I don't mind tight grading as long as it's on point and not trying to just make a point. fingers crossed

Grading could be tight, but remember, my experience this week was getting a grade bump on my ASM 14 from 9.0 to 9.2. Ive definitely seen some tight grading on both old and modern books, but I think you will see that whenever. Worst case, you could always resubmit some other time for re-grading.

Edited by kevhtx

On 4/11/2017 at 5:17 PM, Carterofmars said:

How's the interior?  OWL?  How's the centerfold- fully attached?  

I'd say close to white, possibly an OW, but no worse than that... CF is fully attached and tight. Nice cover gloss as well. 

On 4/8/2017 at 4:08 PM, kevhtx said:

Grading could be tight, but remember, my experience this week was getting a grade bump on my ASM 14 from 9.0 to 9.2. Ive definitely seen some tight grading on both old and modern books, but I think you will see that whenever. Worst case, you could always resubmit some other time for re-grading.

I have to agree, I don't see any relaxed grading on the comics, which is good if you are a buyer/collector