• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday April 30

5 posts in this topic

Philadelphia Comic Con - Sunday April 30

Philadelphia Comic Book Convention

Date: Sunday, April 30, 2017
Hours: 10am to 4pm
Admission: $3
Location: Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029
Parking: Free on-site

Special Guests
- Ron Wilson - Marvel artist on Marvel Two-In-One, What If?, more
- Zack Dolan - Writer/Artist - Unlikely Heroes Studios’ SUPER!

Tony DiGerolamo - Artist, Bongo Comics (The Simpsons, Bart Simpson, Treehouse of Horror)
- Jay Taylor - artist On the Square Comics

Comic and Collectibles
Over 60 dealer tables provide a huge selection of comic books and related collectibles!  
 - Golden Age Comics
 - Silver Age Comics
 - Bronze Age Comics
 - Modern Comics and the Latest Issues
 - Original Artwork
 - Graphic Novels, Trade Paperbacks and Hardcovers
 - DVDs
 - Japanese Manga
 - Toys and Action Figures
 - Statues and Busts
 - Non-Sportscards

Door Prizes
Hourly door prizes will be given away starting at 11am!  Hold on to your entrance ticket for a chance to win.  You must be present to win.

Directions
The Philadelphia Comic Book Convention is located near the Philadelphia Airport at the Clarion Hotel Conference Center (formerly the Ramada Philadelphia Airport), 76 Industrial Highway, Essington, PA 19029.

From Southbound I-95 - Take I-95 S to Exit 9A (Essington).  Merge onto 420 S (Wanamaker Ave).  Turn RIGHT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the LEFT side.

From Northbound I-95 - Take I-95 N to Exit 8 (Ridley Park).  Stay to the RIGHT and merge onto S. Stewart Ave.  Turn LEFT onto Industrial Highway.  The Clarion Hotel is on the RIGHT side.

Public Transportation - Accessible by SEPTA Bus Route 37

Google Map to Philadelphia Comic Book Convention  

For Information or Dealers' Tables
Phone: (856) 217-5737
Email: dwoywood@yahoo.com
Official Website:   www.philadelphiacomic-con.com  

Next Show
The next show will be on Sunday July 9, 2017.

Edited by RedFury

Just a reminder to join us once again for the

Philadelphia Comic-Con being held Sunday April 30th from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Admission is only $3 per person and parking is FREE.  An abundance of comic goodness in the room with 4 special
guests from the industry and a packed (and sold out once again) dealers room.  Show is being held in the Presidential
ballroom at:

Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
76 Industrial Highway (Route 291)
Essington, PA 19029

Conveniently located between exits 8 and 9A off of I-95.  Easily accessible from other major highways and byways too.

Special guests this show:
RON WILSON - Marvel artist from the 1970's to present day.  For those of you who couldn't get artwork from him
the last show.  He was busy all day and for those of you who ordered a sketch at the end he will bring it up for you.

ZACK DOLAN- Another repeat from the last show too.  He had a very successful show also and wanted to continue
the fun he had.  Stop by and see Zack.  His art is really underappreciated.

JAY TAYLOR- Head honcho from On The Square Comics and a local South Jersey resident joining us this year
for another rare area appearance.

TONY D- Writer for the SImpsons line of comic books from Bongo Comics.  He will have issues with him he worked
on you can buy from him and get signed.

Pro tip- Feel free to show up later after one for the parking lot to clear out for the first wave of fans.  Sorry for those of
you who had to wait in the long, long line to get into the show.  We stay open until 4 PM so plenty of time if you are a
later sleeper.  My other tip is dig, dig, dig through the boxes.  I do at the end to give you guys first shot at the goodies
the dealers bring.  I can't believe the stuff I find in there which make their way onto my wall.  Yes, the books are that
good in the long boxes throughout the show.

Can't make this one?  Well try really hard as we will have a long break and return to the area on July 9th.

90% complete... In the process of  adding (2) more dealers

DEALER LIST:

Joe Regina
Daves American Comics/Dave Reynolds
Clandestine Comics/Fred Edeson
Plunder Palace
Joe Walsh
Moving Picture Comics/Rob Griffin
Tim Larson
Gus' Comic Cellar
Dollar Joe
Supplies and More
Collectors Comics
Comics and Robots/Craig Dawson
Comic Den/Norm
AA Cards and Comics
Central Jersey Comics
Everyday Comics/John Rodemaker
Mike DeCarl
Stormwatch Comics
Greg B's Man Cave of stuff
Effin Comics
Silver Fox Comics/Bob Fox
All-American Comics/Gene Carpenter
Battlefield Comics/Jim Montgomery
Bill Parisho
Ion Comics/Carl Klein
Basement Comics/Overstreet advisor Al Stoltz and his staff
Basement Pressing Services
and last but not least Bob Cook.

On Facebook?  Then "Like" PhiladelphiaComicCon or Comicbookshows for our show and select others across the country