• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Morlar by Night Competition ?

47 posts in this topic

Morlar by Night Competition

Here's another competition to the lighten your dull and dismal days readers. Last Saturday, I posted the conclusion of the John Morlar Misery thread and signed it off with a little April Fools mucking aboutery. As usual, no one noticed :sorry:

Despite the disappointment, and being one to always turn a negative into a positive (ahem), I have decided to offer this grubby low grade Pence Variant copy of Werewolf By Night #32 to the person who, in my opinion, gives the best answer to the following question:

"The Morlar Thread - WTF was that all about?"

Now I'm opening my soul here folks, so play nicely. The winning entry will be the one that gets closest to the spirit of what I was attempting to convey. There are three elements to that, if it helps.

Entries close next Saturday (15/04) at whatever time suits me.

The winner gets this, free of charge / shipping:

58e8dd5fb4f4b_WWBN32.thumb.jpg.fba3e71d82d51654f69db5c7aeceac9d.jpg

Life is short, times are hard, here's an attempt to have some fun and spread the love

Good luck (thumbsu

Edited by Marwood & I

7 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Morlar by Night Competition

Here's another competition to the lighten your dull and dismal days readers. Last Saturday, I posted the conclusion of the John Morlar Misery thread and signed it off with a little April Fools mucking aboutery. As usual, no one noticed :sorry:

Despite the disappointment, and being one to always turn a negative into a positive (ahem), I have decided to offer this grubby low grade Pence Variant copy of Werewolf By Night #32 to the person who, in my opinion, gives the best answer to the following question:

"The Morlar Thread - WTF was that all about?"

Now I'm opening my soul here folks, so play nicely. The winning entry will be the one that gets closest to the spirit of what I was attempting to convey. There are three elements to that, if it helps.

Entries close next Saturday (15/04) at whatever time suits me.

The winner gets this, free of charge / shipping:

Life is short, times are hard, here's an attempt to have some fun and spread the love

Good luck (thumbsu

A personal expression (an attempt at expressing) of the impression (the feeling you got) from different issues that happen to be pence issues.

In short how each issue translates to us from you, if converted into other media.

Which helps describe, to us, each issue's relevance, reflection, and possibly translation from your feelings and perception through a world outside comics, making it more palpable to our understanding.

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

A personal expression (an attempt at expressing) of the impression (the feeling you got) from different issues that happen to be pence issues.

In short how each issue translates to us from you, if converted into other media.

Which helps describe, to us, each issue's relevance, reflection, and possibly translation from your feelings and perception through a world outside comics, making it more palpable to our understanding.

Also nice.....and I read it thrice.....

Yes The Morlar thread was about John Morlar, who was a simple country boy.  You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

Edited by kav

7 minutes ago, kav said:

Yes The Morlar thread was about John Morlar, who was a simple country boy.  You might say a cockeyed optimist, who got himself mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue.

You've confused John Morlar with Harold Pelham @kav ! Play properly! ?

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ahem It's the one's that you have to read thrice to understand it, everyone knows that because third time is the charm 

Nice....

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

First answer was obviously the best, and scared off all competition. :D

You've currently got a one in three chance liz.... Well, two actually cos Kav didn't play properly. Kav never plays properly though does he. 

Here, check the Leaderboard and you should just be able to make out my arse disappearing into the distance to your right.... Not that that's important to me or anything. But I only need another 85,000 likes and i'll be up on @1950'sBlowFro

barry2.thumb.PNG.7bab8155935aee1fe326411852fe5c1e.PNG

Edited by Marwood & I
Copa Cabana

It looks like your moving further to the left to me.  Or are you actually imagining yourself into the avatars?

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It looks like your moving further to the left to me.  Or are you actually imagining yourself into the avatars?

Well like, duuh! Of course. I am my avatar! And anyone who says otherwise is a tucking friar.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Barry's doing well isn't he liz.

Just for laughs I'll post this:

@Marwood & I You said that there were possibly 3 things to the answer, so I did 3 possible ways that particular thread was created and why its' fondness found its way to our hearts :banana:

As for everyone else, C'mon and give me and THE GREAT LIZARD a run for our money !!!!!! :headbang:

I think this is a great prize and a great thread, with underground music to my liking and some pence copies I had neither heard of nor new anything about :) 

Just now, Foley said:
2 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Barry's doing well isn't he liz.

Did you just make Barry up and photoshop him in there? lol 

Yeah - I thought that was pretty funny..., in a fugly sort of way. :D

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yeah - I thought that was pretty funny..., in a fugly sort of way. :D

Do not mock the looks of Manilow! :mad: