• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 19-21, 2018
1 1

84 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, somewhereintexas said:

Matt Smith cancels and is replaced by David Tennant. Since my daughter was disappointed when Tennant cancelled at Chicago, I'm OK with this late switch. 

Hopefully Tennant doesn't cancel. FE has a lot riding on this headliner. 

2 hours ago, spideyfan68 said:

Wow, the headlining guest Fan Expo has been promoting for over 6 months cancels. postpones, whatever, Dallas deserves better treatment than this.

I think that he postponed last year too, if memory serves me correctly.

Hopefully  the same won't happen next year

Crazy to see how low this show has fallen. Remember the really good lineups back in the day? I remember the artist lineup with tons of Batman artists in 2013. 

Now, this show is kinda sad. And I guarantee you I am not the only one that feels this way. Many of the old fans of this show really regret what happened to this shows since Fan Expo.

The summer one is good, yeah, but February and October used to be really good too and now are a half-assed afterthought.

Oh well, I don't con anymore due to what the industry has become so I guess I'm happy I got to live the years of Ben and Mark. I'll be at the F1 next weekend.

Sunday report, got there about 10 minutes after doors opened and expected a full house based on the parking situation outside but traffic was pretty light on the sales floor. I’m guessing the main activity was upstairs where the celebrities and panels were. The dealers and vendors I spoke to said their sales were down significantly from last year.  I did pick up some nice moderns from Monster’s Lair. Thanks again for the deal Rob. Looking forward to other’s reports. 

Edited by spideyfan68

This is not directed at Kevin, he's a good dude, but if they do hold Fan Days in 2018 I hope Fan Expo rethinks their strategy after this year's show. If it's too close to NYCC or other big show move it so you have a bigger pool of talent. This may be easier said than done but I don't think the Irving Convention Center is a hotbed of activity.