• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 19-21, 2018
1 1

84 posts in this topic

I swear it's not a "talent being busy elsewhere and can't come" situation (it could be if it was on the same weekend as NYCC). The show has a specified budget for x number of imported comic guests, and the balance of the limited number of pro guest tables go to local pros. The biggest names are booked for Fan Expo Dallas in the spring, as our premier event. 

I did try to change it up a bit on who got the local pro tables - the same set of people tend to do every show and if they did a comic show a few weeks ahead of time I'd rather give the space to someone who didn't and is fresh to the scene and might appeal to fans. It's not a policy statement, just worked out that I had a lot to choose from locally. 

I did see lots of video of the show, and it looked busy. I've heard mixed reports from dealers. 

On the plus side, all of the comic guests who reported back to me all had great things to say about their weekend. 

Edited by Kevin Boyd