• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dallas Fan Days -- October 19-21, 2018
1 1

84 posts in this topic

Someone from Riverdale announced. They usually do comic artists late. I thought I heard a cgc facilitator was going to be there...but this thread says no, hopefully someone keeps us updated :)

On 9/4/2017 at 7:19 PM, spideyfan68 said:

Comic guests? 

Less than 2 months out with no listed comic book guests=pass. I'll message my Texas friends to help me out if anyone pops up but who (no pun intended)can justify a non- Dr. Who trip based on this from out of state?)

After Tennamt cancelled at WW Chicago Smith better not cancel.

7 hours ago, KOLMARAVENUE said:

Less than 2 months out with no listed comic book guests=pass. I'll message my Texas friends to help me out if anyone pops up but who (no pun intended)can justify a non- Dr. Who trip based on this from out of state?)

After Tennamt cancelled at WW Chicago Smith better not cancel.

This has been Fan Expo's MO. Comic guests are the afterthought after they announce celebs. Any show should have a guest list at 6 weeks out if they expect people to make plans/save up to attend. 

The comic guest announcement was supposed to go out last week, but one of the headliners backed out on Monday the 28th and I had to book a replacement. One has been found so the official comics announcement is scheduled for Tuesday next week.

Aside from Smith, the show didn't start making guest announcements until August 17. Comic guests were supposed to be announced on August 29th.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

Catching up on what was announced during Fan Expo Canada week:

MADELAINE PETSCH

Cheryl Blossom, Riverdale

#GuestNews Riverdale royalty joins the lineup! Meet the Queen Bee of Riverdale High, Madelaine Petsch, at Dallas #FanDays!

21366630_1674411545965938_1857287641353500874_o.png

Edited by Kevin Boyd

ROB GUILLORY

CHEW

TOM GRUMMETT

LEGENDARY ARTIST - DEATH OF SUPERMAN & MORE

MICHAEL GOLDEN

LEGENDARY ARTIST - BATMAN, GI JOE, MICRONAUTS & MORE

Plus

DAVID DEGRAND
JOE EISMA
DOUG HAZLEWOOD
ANDY HIRSCH
RYAN KINCAID
BRENT PEEPLES
EMILY ROSE
ANOOSHA SYED
MATTHEW WARLICK
RENEE WITTERSTAETTER
ANDREW MANGUM
DANICA MANGUM

dfd image.png

No offense intended to anyone on this list, particularly Golden and Guillory as I enjoy their work, but I seriously doubt that any serious comic collector in the Dallas area is excited by this comic guest list. 

Edited by mysterio

22 minutes ago, mysterio said:

No offense intended to anyone on this list, particularly Golden and Guillory as I enjoy their work, but I seriously doubt that any serious comic collector in the Dallas area is excited by this comic guest list. 

Well stated, I didn't want to be rude either lol

Maybe there will be more? And if cgc isn't going to be there maybe they didn't want to go all out yet?

27 minutes ago, mysterio said:

+1

Kevin are there going to be any rabbits pulled out hats for this show ? From a comics guest standpoint this list doesn't move the needle for me.