• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller trying to cancel order after 12 hours because he hated the sale price. What can I do?

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

Yep.  that's what happened to seller who kept cancling the Millie 69-he racked up quite a few negs, and wasn't able to sell much after that.

He doesn't seem to be a member anymore, can't find him.

Found him

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MILLIE-THE-MODEL-69-VG-F-5-5-ATLAS-COMICS-1956-DAN-DECARLO-ART-NO-RESERVE-/302223034446?hash=item465de5884e:g:7rcAAOSwFe5XzbpP

Edited by thehumantorch

I probably should let this die but he sent me these two hilarious emails

" I had to kill both of my sketch series CGC auctions because there were overseas bidders that got bids through in the last hour of the auction despite me specifically stating I will not ship overseas 2X!
Sorry bud, those two auctions weren't valid.
"

then minutes later ...

Whoa...did you really go on the CGC Boards and trash me? I was actually going to offer you the book at a LOWER price because the overseas bidders bid up the book. Not now, although it will go back up to auction. Take care,

I really liked the part where he tried to pretend to help me out, and then blamed me for being the reason he can't help out.  
I'm not sure if he is a member on the boards, but he is aware of the discussion here.  I tried explaining how important reputation is, and as someone also on ebay for 15+ years with no negatives I would think maintaining that reputation is important.  No response lol

haha, what a joke.  so he claims he would sell the book to you at a discount but yet wouldn't sell it to you at a higher price that you agreed to when you placed the bid. if your a liar at least make sense when you lie.  how could he even conciously type that statement.

It's like a movie that just keeps getting remade & remade and remade here & it's good every time:

Seller tries to cancel an order because the price ends up low with a BS excuse.

Bidder/buyer posts here. And pretty much universally ends up getting the same advice to just neg & move on.

Seller doubles down on their stubbornness instead of back-tracking & being like "oh wait, I found the book. Pay for it & I'll ship tomorrow morning. Sorry bud!" to save their reputation.

Seller finds out about the CGC boards thread. Still doesn't backtrack. Opts to take umbrage with it instead.

Seller nukes their reputation by the end of the thread.

When will these guys learn... don't auction things without reserve or with a starting point below your lowest accepted price. And if you screw up & do it, don't offer BS excuses. Just sell the stupid book for the price you got for it. It never ends well for them.

17 hours ago, 90sChild said:

" I had to kill both of my sketch series CGC auctions because there were overseas bidders that got bids through in the last hour of the auction despite me specifically stating I will not ship overseas 2X!
"

then minutes later ...

Whoa...did you really go on the CGC Boards and trash me? I was actually going to offer you the book at a LOWER price because the overseas bidders bid up the book. Not now, although it will go back up to auction. Take care,

I really liked the part where he tried to pretend to help me out, and then blamed me for being the reason he can't help out.  
I'm not sure if he is a member on the boards, but he is aware of the discussion here.  I tried explaining how important reputation is, and as someone also on ebay for 15+ years with no negatives I would think maintaining that reputation is important.  No response lol

and the really stupid part of the excuse......... people who do not want to ship overseas - can use the ebay global program.  It is NOT the best for a buyer (with all of the discussed overbilling for fees) -- but as as seller it is really simple and low risk. You ship to the US location - and done.

I've gotten to the point where I want to opt in to the Global Shipping Program for a few things.  How do I opt in for some items but not others? 

My current solution is to make certain high value things unavailable for overseas shipping at all but would like to give foreign buyers an opportunity that albeit more expensive allows the customer access. 

23 hours ago, 90sChild said:

"

then minutes later ...

There is definitely no shortage of assclowns on eBay.

Neg him and move on.

17 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I've gotten to the point where I want to opt in to the Global Shipping Program for a few things.  How do I opt in for some items but not others? 

My current solution is to make certain high value things unavailable for overseas shipping at all but would like to give foreign buyers an opportunity that albeit more expensive allows the customer access. 

I think you can do this individually ---  I use turbo lister and it has an option to turn on global for a single listing. I do not know if I trust that entirely (tutbo lister) - but it is also available as an edit option on ebay.  I would try loading one without international, then edit and add the global option. Then - CHECK your other listings, lol --- ebay has a habit of trying to get everyone on global shipping when they make updates....

2017-04-14_8-54-21.thumb.jpg.859cd81cbd54d6271eb7adf90e4f930a.jpg

Edited by W16227

On 4/13/2017 at 1:41 AM, Buzzetta said:

This seller has been discussed before in regards to the ASM printing plate. 

Looks like he did the same thing for the Doctor Strange 1 stat auction, then he relisted it at $5k lol 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Strange-1-Cover-Production-Stat-1974-Frank-Brunner-Art-11-034-X-17-034-BIG-/192094807143?hash=item2cb9be2467%3Ag%3AbawAAOSwKOJYHVBf&nma=true&si=7MtEtSuXLg7CysIF4eJhhyjV%2FEE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

15 minutes ago, Chadwick said:

He needs to stop doing auctions then, that would of sucked for that seller and been great for the buyer, YIKES