• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller trying to cancel order after 12 hours because he hated the sale price. What can I do?

48 posts in this topic

The way ebay seller divebaja treated the OP is indefensible. The "Did you really start a CGC thread to trash me?" thing is wrongheaded, because the OP did not "trash" the seller. The OP simply described what happened and asked others for advice about it, which is a normal human reaction and is his prerogative as a part of a collecting community. The seller yanking his item away because he didn't like the price is a lame move, but his response to this thread makes it several notches worse: (1) insulting the OP's intelligence with a made-up, nonsense story about international sellers; (2) dangling the item over the OP as if the OP could have had it at a lower price; (3) guilt-tripping the OP for communicating his experience with other people, as an attempt to manipulate/punish the OP for standing up to mistreatment.

Edited by Doohickamabob

All around it was bad, I wonder now that the seller sent those emails of guilt trip, if the OP could show that to ebay and maybe add some more reprucutions for that seller.

It's a shame

2 hours ago, W16227 said:

I think you can do this individually ---  I use turbo lister and it has an option to turn on global for a single listing. I do not know if I trust that entirely (tutbo lister) - but it is also available as an edit option on ebay.  I would try loading one without international, then edit and add the global option. Then - CHECK your other listings, lol --- ebay has a habit of trying to get everyone on global shipping when they make updates....

2017-04-14_8-54-21.thumb.jpg.859cd81cbd54d6271eb7adf90e4f930a.jpg

Thanks !

Looking at his other listings I couldn't help noticing,

"it's virtually impossible not to like the art I'm selling"

"I reserve the right to cancel bids from any bidder that I suspect is a scammer"

......bit of a *spoon* then.

10 minutes ago, mrock said:

Looking at his other listings I couldn't help noticing,

"it's virtually impossible not to like the art I'm selling"

"I reserve the right to cancel bids from any bidder that I suspect is a scammer"

......bit of a *spoon* then.

And any bidder bidding less than what he thinks it's worth is clearly a scammer.  Clever

2 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

And he has this too at the end of his descriptions "Buy with confidence from a 17-year, 100% Feedback eBay member."

How can we buy with confidence if you don't honor your sales? :facepalm: :rulez:

And he'll have to change his description to 95% Feedback ebay member.  Please neg him already.

Make sure you save the email from him which states that he planned to offer it to you again (but conveniently for him, didn't) because of the international bidders BS. Since he cancelled the auction under the premise that the book was no longer in stock or lost. I mean, not only do we know that it's BS, but he admits that the reason he told eBay that he cancelled the order was a lie. This will likely prevent him from being able to get the neg removed.