• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comics Index

15 posts in this topic

Marvel Comics Index

So as I was filing away my new Bizarre Adventures #27 (Thanks again Ron C.) and these were filed right before in the box. 

Strickly speaking these are not magazines but indexes with cover pics in B&W but they are magazine sized and have some great cover art so I'd thought someone might like to see them. I don't have 1 and 2 as I was not a big Spidey or Conan fan at the time (early eighties) and these are not high grade as all were rescued from quarter bins.

There are great covers here from Steranko, Steacy, Reyes, Adams, etc. Anybody have these?

IMG_5201.JPG

IMG_5202.JPG

IMG_5203.JPG

IMG_5204.JPG

IMG_5205.JPG

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5207.JPG

IMG_5208.JPG

IMG_5209.JPG

Edited by Metarog

40 minutes ago, greggy said:

I have multiple full sets.

Of course you would! Your collection is amazing from what I remember in your old posts.

If you have a chance post up the Spider-Man and Conan ones so everyone can see the whole set.

I love these. I keep them handy and still use them for reference occasionally. I'm missing the Sub-Mariner, Cap and Iron Man indexes, but I have the rest. I'll post pics of Spidey and Conan when I'm back online later this afternoon.

2 hours ago, Dave2739 said:

I love these. I keep them handy and still use them for reference occasionally. I'm missing the Sub-Mariner, Cap and Iron Man indexes, but I have the rest. I'll post pics of Spidey and Conan when I'm back online later this afternoon.

That would be awesome... try to get the Subby one as that is my favorite. It indexes all the Invaders and Astonishing Tales series as well. 

Yeah, you've got me wanting to track down the few that I'm missing too. If you like these, I would also suggest checking out the various DC indexes that were put out by Eclipse under the "ICG" banner. George Olshevsky was involved with those as well and they have a similar format to these Marvel volumes. The DC ones are comic sized and full color.

They break down each title, issue by issue and it lists info about each title. The creator credits, first and guest appearances and other info. The covers of each issue are shown, but in B/W and the quality of reproduction isn't great. The history and info provided for each issue is really good and useful though, in my opinion.