• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does comicartfans load quicker if you pay for Premium access?

14 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, NamesJay said:

I have about a 50/50 chance of hitting comicartfans.com and having all the images load properly.

Do paying members get a better experience in terms of quicker load times?

I'd say maybe 20% of the time I attempt to load the page it comes back a mess. I haven't really poked around to guess what the issue is - my guess is some resource somewhere is inaccessible. I'd be really surprised if they had some sort of QOS routing implemented for paying clients considering how this presents.

Actually,  if I'm not mistaken Bill had major issues with switching to the new servers a few weeks back and was ultimately forced to revert CAF back to the the original servers, so what you are experiencing may be an artifact of the switch back or a symptom of why Bill sought another home for CAF to begin with. hm

While I havent taken big advantages of any of the extras - I am a premium member because I want CAF to be around a long time.  I get a lot out of it and $75 is a small price to pay to support something that brings me so much enjoyment.

Oh and loading isnt quicker from my experience.

3 hours ago, NamesJay said:

I have about a 50/50 chance of hitting comicartfans.com and having all the images load properly.

the short answer is no

Malvin

On 4/14/2017 at 9:06 AM, BCarter27 said:

Hakes and ebay are helpful. No ComicLink data though. :-( Anyone keep meticulous, insane records of all ComicLink art sales? lol

Not meticulous, but I do place a bid on everything even remotely appealing to me when the auctions start so that I can track them and use my Bidding page as a resource later. That seems to be the only way to keep any records there. They achieve pretty good results for most items in the Featured auctions so you would think they would want that known but I honestly think their website isn't built to work with that type of tracking and such.

On 4/10/2017 at 8:52 PM, NamesJay said:

Answer is no and I'm a long time premium member. I feel premium membership is a must have for all those serious or active in the hobby .

I use "uBlock origin" to block the elements I do not want. Greatly decreases loading time and allows for a cleaner look as well.

BTW I think there is or was a ISP rehosting going on.

Edited by 35CentEra