• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eerie 1 Authentication Help
1 1

9 posts in this topic

Eerie 1 Authentication Help

Picked up a copy of Eerie 1 today, seller claims it original but I need help authenticating it. I've read mixed ways on how to identify it, and then there's talk about a second print, and so I've tried my best at taking some pics of the book with hopes you guys can help. Measurements are 5 1/4" by 7 1/4" This issue appears to have the blue marked staples, and page 18 the guys head is clearly visible, which by some books lables this a 2nd print. Can anyone shed some light on what I just purchased and if it's worth anything.  Thanks

IMAG0462.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

IMAG0472.jpg

IMAG0468.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0466.jpg

Edited by Gumba213
Added info

I am not an expert on the subject so please do post in the magazine forum where other more experienced members can comment.

The magazine forum had an old thread or two about this book.  With the changeover to the new format, it seems that I can't locate the old thread.

The book you purchased is not an original.  The original did not have the man's head visible in the panel mentioned and it did not have blue striped staples.  This is a "2nd" or other copy.

I did find this in one thread that should help.  Eerie #1 discussion.

On 4/12/2017 at 9:43 PM, oakman29 said:

Here is my copy.

img065.thumb.jpg.3c88e175181c0a1eb6ff00d65f87c3ab.jpg

8903.jpg

6324.jpg

On 4/12/2017 at 9:25 PM, oakman29 said:

This is the second print with the blue staples. 

Still fairly hard to come by.

Looks like I have the second print as you described, looks exactly the same as what you posted. Thanks

On 4/12/2017 at 10:40 AM, chevalmeow said:

doublepost.

On 4/12/2017 at 10:39 AM, chevalmeow said:

I am not an expert on the subject so please do post in the magazine forum where other more experienced members can comment.

The magazine forum had an old thread or two about this book.  With the changeover to the new format, it seems that I can't locate the old thread.

The book you purchased is not an original.  The original did not have the man's head visible in the panel mentioned and it did not have blue striped staples.  This is a "2nd" or other copy.

I did find this in one thread that should help.  Eerie #1 discussion.

Thanks, I'll definitely post over to the magazine area. 

On 4/12/2017 at 9:17 AM, NCAmother said:

I don't know about this book, but I would probably double post this topic at the comic magazines forum.  Those guys are pretty good.  If it's real, that would be awesome!!!

Thanks guys for all your help

Here is my copy. It doesn’t have the blue on staple. The head of the bald man isn’t visible, the M on the back page of the word monster is not cut off, the house on page 1 has clear black lines and page 18,19 and 20 has the sideways writing as seen here. All in all they are great copies. 

Edited by SOLAR BOY