• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
3 3

239 posts in this topic

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA: "Let's experiment with the new Board format" edition

Well,   I can't  say  I much like  the format  of the New And Improved  Boards,  but  I'll get used to it...I guess...

I'm going  to  try it out for a few days  and  see just how many mistakes  I make.  Keep me honest,  folks!  If you see me doing something stupid  send your ol' buddy

Rick    a PM  will you?  Or  razz me  right  here in the thread  if  you think  you can  get a good laugh. 

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$7  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined.  For the bargainminded  I can ship up to about three books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

This Magazine  is Haunted 20

General wear,   small corner off lower  LH  FC,   two  good sized  tears  on inside pages,   gets into the art on two  pages,   and affects  the (meh)  two  text story pages.

Asking $45

9JVO3aL.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Freckles  and his Friends 7

Decent enough midgrade  copy with middlin'  general wear,    but there's  a heavy  dust  shadow  along lower  edge BC,   and a small  corner off lower  LH  BC.  Tight spine  and CF,   offwhite - white pages. 

According  to O'street  this  is  an airbrush  cover that may,   MAY,  be  by Schomburg.   Maybe.

Take  home  one that looks nice in  a Mylar  for  $30

bti1DfB.jpg

Our Fighting Forces  8

Sharp copy  with minor general wear,   good gloss,  tight spine  and CF,   cream - offwhite pages.  

Asking  $50 

RzyCV5R.jpg

The Adventures of Bob  Hope 15

Ahh that wacky  Bob!  Always  getting  chased  by the cops  or  a  Femme Fatale,  and sometimes both.

Flat   copy  with decent gloss  and white pages,  but the cover's loose  and there's  a 1"  tear  upper LH FC,  and another lower center BC.

Grab some funny stuff for $20

BijAqS4.jpg

All right!  That's four books  up,   a nice placeholder  until production begins in earnest  tomorrow evening.,  I have  a nice  stack  of Teen Humor  coming up,    about the same  in  PCH,   a nice  handful  of  50's war books,  a  solid  stock  of  general  funny  stuff,  some  adventure  and crime,  and   a  baker's dozen  or so of  50's  romance  books  including   a couple  Matt Baker  books.

Posting  starts  in earnest  Wednesday night  at around 8 PM  EST,  and I may  just get  a couple  early birds up  tomorrow morning  between 5:30  and 7:00 AM. 

You  Have  Been Warned. 

G'morning!

Three  Early Birds  today.

Our Gang 15

Pretty  durned nice copy,    minor general wear,  big chip/small corner off  lower   LH  FC.    Bit of gloss left,   tight  spine   and CF,  offwhite - white pages. 

Walt  Kelly  AND  Carl  Barks?  Doesn't get much  better than this. 

Asking $35

3xFaihH.jpg

Ooh,  look!   A Chesler  for  you eagle  eyed  early  risers!

Punch Comics 2 ,  February 1942.  

Complete   copy,   with   a number of issues.   Spine  completely  taped,   glue  repairs  inside  along  entire spine,    heavy  dust  shadows  FX,   even  worse  on BC   with a bit  of grease  stain  to boot,  2"  tear  lower  BC,  chips out,   general  wear,  etc. 

All that  being  said  it's  still perfectly  solid  and readable,  still actually has good gloss,  looks pretty nice  in  a Mylar.    Couple  more pieces of tape  at CF,   plus  some  discoloration  along  the CF  gutter.  

Dandy  starter/reader  copy,  asking $75   SOLD!

W3lklyn.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Meet Miss  Pepper 5  (#1)

Continuation  of   Lucy  The Real Gone  Gal  title.

Tape  along  entire  cover  inside  spine,  chipping  along  upper edge FC,   outer edge BC,    corner off  upper LH  FC.   That being  said,   it's flat  and clean,    tight CF,   offwhite pages,  with good gloss.

Take it home  for $25  SOLD!

lMuE743.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Meet Miss  Pepper 5  (#1)

Continuation  of   Lucy  The Real Gone  Gal  title.

Tape  along  entire  cover  inside  spine,  chipping  along  upper edge FC,   outer edge BC,    corner off  upper LH  FC.   That being  said,   it's flat  and clean,    tight CF,   offwhite pages,  with good gloss.

Take it home  for $25

lMuE743.jpg

I'll take it

1 hour ago, catrick339 said:

Ooh,  look!   A Chesler  for  you eagle  eyed  early  risers!

Punch Comics 2 ,  February 1942.  

Complete   copy,   with   a number of issues.   Spine  completely  taped,   glue  repairs  inside  along  entire spine,    heavy  dust  shadows  FX,   even  worse  on BC   with a bit  of grease  stain  to boot,  2"  tear  lower  BC,  chips out,   general  wear,  etc. 

All that  being  said  it's  still perfectly  solid  and readable,  still actually has good gloss,  looks pretty nice  in  a Mylar.    Couple  more pieces of tape  at CF,   plus  some  discoloration  along  the CF  gutter.  

Dandy  starter/reader  copy,  asking $75

W3lklyn.jpg

I'll take this one too

Howdy!  I have  abut a dozen  books to list  this evening,   let's get started.

Adventure Into Mystery 4

Short  run  Atlas  title.   This  one has a  four page  Williamson   story, and the lead is by Don Heck.

RH  side of  the FC  is wrinkled  with  chips out,    small piece out  LH BC.   Bit of gloss,  cream  to offwhite pages,  pulled  upper  staple  FC,    pulled  lower staple  on  spine. 

Grab  a pretty reader  for $15  SOLD!

JTkjqL1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Suzie 77

Nice  reader,   with general  wear  FC ,  white pages.  Couple  tears  at upper staple.

BUT!   

There's about  a  quarter  of  the  LH  and upper  BC  missing   BIG  ol'  chunk  out.

Take  home  a reader  with  a  large  flaw  for $10  SOLD!

p4dWRJE.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Just now, catrick339 said:

Suzie 77

Nice  reader,   with general  wear  FC ,  white pages.  Couple  tears  at upper staple.

BUT!   

There's about  a  quarter  of  the  LH  and upper  BC  missing   BIG  ol'  chunk  out.

Take  home  a reader  with  a  large  flaw  for $10

p4dWRJE.jpg

Take it!

8 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Howdy!  I have  abut a dozen  books to list  this evening,   let's get started.

Adventure Into Mystery 4

Short  run  Atlas  title.   This  one has a  four page  Williamson   story, and the lead is by Don Heck.

RH  side of  the FC  is wrinkled  with  chips out,    small piece out  LH BC.   Bit of gloss,  cream  to offwhite pages,  pulled  upper  staple  FC,    pulled  lower staple  on  spine. 

Grab  a pretty reader  for $15

JTkjqL1.jpg

Take it!

The Perfect  Crime 33

Last issue of this  title.  Small tear  at  upper  staple,   narrows piece out  RH  edge  FC. Good gloss,   supple  creamy pages,    tight CF. 

Asking $15  SOLD!

fe5bDyo.jpg

Edited by catrick339