• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Wonder Comics - CLOSED

17 posts in this topic

Three GA (and GGA) Wonder Comics - Schomburg

Three Wonder Comics (13,14, and 15), two raw, one slabbed.  Pictures to follow in another post.

I accept checks, MOs, and Paypal.  Shipping is $7 for raw books, and $15 for the slabbed one (insurance is going to be a factor) in the US 48.  All others at exact cost.  I ship boxed via USPS.

I accept returns.  If you're not happy, I'll refund your money, no problem.  You have to pay shipping back though.

===================== Wonder 13 ================================

Wonderful, vivid colors on cover.  Great eye appeal.

Classic "brunette tied to a big, ... uh, well, electrode thingy" cover.
One of the best covers in the series, IMO.  The layout with the main diagonal and the art-deco styling ... wow.

1/2 inch tear on right side (Wonderman's left elbow)
1/2 inch tear on upper side (between W and O)
Slight wear around both staples, both have some rust
Back cover is ok, minor wear.  About a VG-/VG.

But ... and here's the heartbreaker, it's missing the centerfold. So, incomplete.

And the wrap that is the new centerfold is loose at top staple.

$100

===================== Wonder 14 ================================

CGC 8.0 with off-white pages.  No pedigree.

Another classic cover, similar pose to Startling 49 with bad guy (or robot) with girl in his arms.

Here's some of the census data:

27 Universal copies total
9 copies in 9.0 or above
0 copies in 8.5
3 copies in 8.0

Jumping Jehosophat - there are THREE COPIES of this book in 9.8.  I can't believe it.  A 70-year old book, and there's three in 9.8???  Amazing.

$1000

===================== Wonder 15 ================================

The classic dissection cover.  Maybe the most hard-to-find of the Xela covers.  This cover always makes me think of the 1958 masterpiece, Attack of the Puppet People.  Thank you Bert I Gordon.

A VG or VG+ copy.  No tears, just assorted wear and tear.  Spine stress marks, paper around lower staple has some wear.

Not sure what to say about the bottom of the cover.  It's about 1/8 inch shorter than the pages at the right edge.  If it's been trimmed or was just printed this way, I'm not sure.  One of the pictures shows this.

$350

===============================================================

Thanks for looking.

ALL SOLD - Thanks.

Edited by gozer