• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Marvel Super Heroes #18 -- before and after

9 posts in this topic

PGM Marvel Super Heroes #18 -- before and after

I recently picked up a copy on eBay.  I have been looking for a while and found one that I thought I could press up.  Please take a look and give a grade before and after.  Thanks!

1.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

2b.jpg

3.jpg

3b.jpg

4.jpg

4b.jpg

Looks like a 4.0 before, maybe a 4.5 after. A press might make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but it’s not going to do anything for all the color breaking creases at the corners and spine. Are the staples showing rust on the back cover? Can’t tell if it's just soiling. The edges look a bit toasty, too. I have to wonder if the cost of a press & shipping wouldn’t have been better spent on a slightly nicer copy.

7 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Looks like a 4.0 before, maybe a 4.5 after. A press might make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing, but it’s not going to do anything for all the color breaking creases at the corners and spine. Are the staples showing rust on the back cover? Can’t tell if it's just soiling. The edges look a bit toasty, too. I have to wonder if the cost of a press & shipping wouldn’t have been better spent on a slightly nicer copy.

Good feedback -- I did the pressing myself -- so that cost and the shipping are not part of the equation.  The thicker books have those side staples -- just trying to figure that out.  I know that if I do get it graded I will have it pressed and cleaned (by someone other than an enthusiastic amateur) ;)