• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

May comiclink auction
2 2

99 posts in this topic

May comiclink auction

wow, with the heritage auction, this one seems pretty cool too :

a frank miller wolverine page !!

some mcfarlanes pages and cover from spawn !!

john buscema several silver age pages and cover

art adams cover

barry Windsor Smith conan pages !!

Byrne xmen 109 page

finch batman cover

frazetta death dealer prelim painting

romita sr Spiderman pages

jim lee pages (batman, xmen,...)

gil kane Spiderman covers

and i guess there will be more stuff by then, but wow, what a crazy idea to do these 2 auctions (heritage and comiclink) at the same time, there's way to many great stuff  (i'll myself will have a splendid sanjulian huge conan oïl painting for sale at that auction, but i guess all i'll win will be spent on other stuff immediately :whee:)

On 4/13/2017 at 1:05 AM, visarspike said:

May comiclink auction

wow, with the heritage auction, this one seems pretty cool too :

a frank miller wolverine page !!

some mcfarlanes pages and cover from spawn !!

john buscema several silver age pages and cover

art adams cover

barry Windsor Smith conan pages !!

Byrne xmen 109 page

finch batman cover

frazetta death dealer prelim painting

romita sr Spiderman pages

jim lee pages (batman, xmen,...)

gil kane Spiderman covers

and i guess there will be more stuff by then, but wow, what a crazy idea to do these 2 auctions (heritage and comiclink) at the same time, there's way to many great stuff  (i'll myself will have a splendid sanjulian huge conan oïl painting for sale at that auction, but i guess all i'll win will be spent on other stuff immediately :whee:)

I love the BSW Conan splash. I also love the DD prelim. I can likely afford neither.

All the Spawn pieces I sold are going to go up big time when the movie hits. With Todd directing and writing the screenplay it is sure to be a hit. AGH... I should have waited another 6-8 months before I sold mine =(

I really do like the Spidey cover by Gil Kane and Romita. Also that Adams Kung fu is insanely good!

4 hours ago, Overthetopinc said:

All the Spawn pieces I sold are going to go up big time when the movie hits. With Todd directing and writing the screenplay it is sure to be a hit. AGH... I should have waited another 6-8 months before I sold mine =(

I really do like the Spidey cover by Gil Kane and Romita. Also that Adams Kung fu is insanely good!

I dunno, I still remember some of Todd's writing...

On 4/22/2017 at 0:28 PM, SquareChaos said:

I dunno, I still remember some of Todd's writing...

Yeaaaaaaah.

IT WAS.  A DARK.   AND STORMY NIGHT.

(turn page)

THE RAIN.  IT STUNG.  MY SKIN.

(turn page)

PAY.  I WOULD MAKE. THEM PAY.

(turn page)

Edited by Bronty

15 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

Why do people only associate Todd's writing with 14 issues of Spider-Man. What about the 200+ issues he wrote of Spawn! That stuff is amazing!!

Well... he got better, but my personal opinion is that he just isn't a top tier writer, and if he were, it'd be unfair considering his talents as an artist.

56 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

Why do people only associate Todd's writing with 14 issues of Spider-Man. What about the 200+ issues he wrote of Spawn! That stuff is amazing!!

My larger concern isn't Todd's writing as much as how bad the original movie was:)

1 hour ago, Overthetopinc said:

Because after reading one issue of spider-man, let alone 14, I wanted to put needles in my eyes and I don't think I read anything he ever wrote again.    I'll take your word for it that he got better, but this is no Ernest Hemingway.

Oh please you read one issue of spiderman when he first tried writing and you write him off for the next 25 years. He has written like 300 comics since and Spawn is amazing not just good. As for the movie. Todd waited this long so he could get the rights to spawn and direct it himself which he was not able to do the first time around. Check this out and give the man some credit..

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=todd+mcfarlane+talking+spawn+movie&view=detail&mid=1DFA1778EBE35A6F90241DFA1778EBE35A6F9024&FORM=VIRE

44 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

He has written like 300 comics since and Spawn is amazing not just good.

Well that's your opinion.

I'm pretty sure I misspoke earlier, I believe I read the first issue of Spawn as well.   Utter garbage, sorry ;)

I'm glad to hear its better now but I'm not subjecting myself to those early issues :insane: just to have the background of what might happen in issue 92 when his writing might turn around.     No judgement and I do like Todd, both his art and from my brief in person meeting with him years ago.    But reading more of his work.. just not going to happen.       Once I taste a poop sandwich, I'm not going to try another 200 of them to see if its an acquired taste, I'm going to put down the sandwich.

Edited by Bronty

So what is the deal with piece selling at HA and then appearing at the next CLink auction. Specific example here is the Carnevale Conan cover (which has updated issue # as well). Are these shilled, buyer's remorse, flips??

5 hours ago, cstojano said:

So what is the deal with piece selling at HA and then appearing at the next CLink auction. Specific example here is the Carnevale Conan cover (which has updated issue # as well). Are these shilled, buyer's remorse, flips??

Any of the above, I assume. Flipping HA to C-Link in the same year strikes me as a very likely way to lose money. But if I have piece that I don't like as much as I thought I did, and something better comes along, if I think I can break even I'll go for it. But that usually means holding for a couple years at least. 

On April 28, 2017 at 11:15 PM, Overthetopinc said:

When did Spawn get good? Read the first issues until around the time that he had guest writters like Neil Gaiman w Angela fill in. Didn't care much for it but like many of us back then in the early 90s I just kept buying them anyway. 

41 minutes ago, Overthetopinc said:

When did Spawn get good...Issue#1-150+  Did you ever hear about the HBO show that won an Emmy? That was right from the comics. Obviously some one liked it. 

I was still reading Spawn when the show came out... I remember it being quite different with regard to the details...

But as I said earlier, Todd did become a better writer over time, but I don't see how anyone can ever call him more than a competent writer. He has very strong talents elsewhere.