• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Increase Max Number of Likes
1 1

Question

94 answers to this question

@Scott =) @Architecht

Hulk try to like posts in Hulks thread below to thank members for their kindness to Hulk hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif:

When Hulk click on like options, Hulk see this hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif:

1.PNG.78b52de92882b7fdb81b513956d8c930.PNG

Hulk selects smiling face. Picture shows Hulks selection of smiling face. Then Hulk click on smiling face and see this hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif:

2.PNG.776194a1d0a149b61b3e9e3a1acb6fb2.PNG

Picture make it look like Hulks selection has registered. Then Hulk click page refresh and Hulk see that smiling face like has not registered. This make Hulk angry. hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif:

3.PNG.8dafd14c88acbd4faa77ca77c6b385fb.PNG

Hulk try again and nothing work. Hulk used to get error message when likes limit reached. Now, Hulk does not get error message. Hulk may miss unregistered likes because message does not come up now. Hulk no like unregistered likes. May smash. hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif

Hulk invite staff of board to clarify position to Hulk. Hulk also request more likes, so Hulk can like all kind posts from kind members, and not run out. Hulk is waiting now, for response from staff of board. Hulk does not like waiting though. Hulk accept staff of board take weekend off. But staff of board back Monday, and Hulk will be waiting. Staff of board better not disappoint Hulk. hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif

22 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Yes. Hulk full of it tonight. 59ef937460235_imageproxy(2).gif.bdce5b6697adf1c2739742a6d1d60d68.gif

Maybe that is why staff of board ignore entire 'Support for the New Boards' section of boards. Maybe Hulks last fart has made 'Support for the New Boards' section uninhabitable.  Hulk will try to clear fart smell away, encourage staff of board to visit section. Maybe answer some questions. Including Hulks. hulk.gif.9dd364bc0e80bd58ff4e814cfc16dbb2.gif

Spoiler

Image result for pigs might fly gifs

On 22/10/2017 at 2:05 PM, Marwood & I said:

@Scott =) @Architecht

Hulk invite staff of board to clarify position to Hulk. Hulk also request more likes, so Hulk can like all kind posts from kind members, and not run out. Hulk is waiting now, for response from staff of board. Hulk does not like waiting though. Hulk accept staff of board take weekend off. But staff of board back Monday, and Hulk will be waiting. Staff of board better not disappoint Hulk. hulk.gif.e223fc8783bec2aa7cc2a3cdb5ba3b55.gif

When Hulk said staff of board back on Monday, Hulk meant Monday last week, not Monday this week. Hulk think staff of board take too much holiday. Leave board unattended. 59f7662321da4_imageproxy(2).gif.259c3d51a3d45df7a732eb6d2bf88384.gif

23 hours ago, Marwood & I said:
On 22/10/2017 at 2:05 PM, Marwood & I said:

@Scott =) @Architecht

When Hulk said staff of board back on Monday, Hulk meant Monday last week, not Monday this week. Hulk think staff of board take too much holiday. Leave board unattended. 59f7662321da4_imageproxy(2).gif.259c3d51a3d45df7a732eb6d2bf88384.gif

Hulk is almost out of time now, so Hulk say his piece about how staff of board attend to boards before Hulk goes. Or not attend to boards, as Hulk thinks is the case. Above, Hulk asked for clarification on why likes do not register for Hulk, and whether more likes could be given to Hulk. Hulks friends have history of poking at likes system. Hulk did not get response. hulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif

Hulks friends sent question to Ask CGC. Hulks friends hope for recognition for variants of Miller. Ask CGC delete Hulks friends question (Hulk would have too though - Hulks friends scrape bottom of barrel in Hulks opinion)hulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 23/10/2017 at 8:49 PM, Marwood & I said:

I just checked back and my question has been deleted. What a shame that the premier grading company in the world would not find these variants worthy of recognising. Or even of interest. Oh well, that's the circle for you..... :frown:

"Questions will be reviewed and answered by CGC experts. Questions will only be approved if they are of general interest."

Hulks friends ask staff of board Gemma for help with question about slabbing bits of comics. Staff of board Gemma does not respond to Hulks friends. Hulk is sure Gemma is nice staff of board though. May have missed requesthulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 20/10/2017 at 11:06 PM, Marwood & I said:

Hello @Gemma, is this something you could confirm please? Happy for you to move this to "Ask CGC" if it's not your usual territory :)

Hulks friends asked question of main staff board man in thread main staff board man made hash of. Main board man was unkind to Hulks friends, probably because Hulks friends were unkind to main staff board man, pointing out hash up. Main staff board man tell Hulks friends to post questions in right places. So Hulks friends did. And got no responsehulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 16/10/2017 at 10:31 PM, Marwood & I said:

Sorry to have wasted your time. I've removed my posts from the thread. Cheers. 

Hulks friends pointed out problem with search function of boards in thread known for posting problems with boards. Hulks friends did not get reply from staff of board, or any thanks for raising problem, which affects other members and makes them angry. Maybe Hulks friends should not have used picture of ugly Barry though. Ugly Barry put off any one , never mind staff of boardhulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 26/10/2017 at 6:44 PM, Marwood & I said:

When I do a search for 'Barry' on my desktop using the top right search bar here.....

y.PNG.da603530b83a312869af908620951b36.PNG

....the response comes up for 'all content' as you would expect:

z.PNG.ef7df65cbb73a29d605d7ce2639a1945.PNG

However, every search I do from that point on from the top right search bar defaults to 'Status Updates':

zz.PNG.de29d0742d6a4c70377118b2446a34d8.PNG

If you don't spot that you've only searched under Status Updates, you may assume a zero results return is for all content. But you'd likely be wrong. Valuable Barry posts may be missed, if this glitch is not rectified immediately.

Immediately  I said.

Image result for barry manilow

Oh C-G-C search func-tion

It makes searches di-sa-ppear

Oh C-G-C search func-tion

Don't go too near (don't go too near!)

Hulks friends raise question about galleries. Gives advice to make galleries seen more. Help boards. Hulk thinks question may have invisibility cloak though, as no one responds hulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 23/10/2017 at 1:16 PM, Marwood & I said:

Hello.

One of my favourite places on the boards is the 'Galleries' section:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/gallery/

When on a desktop, the only place that I have found you can access them from is from the 'Browse' tab here:

gall.PNG.5d30cd615b9de0e63f399aac63696695.PNG

The main CGC landing page has four section headings as follows:

• CGC Forums
  • General Discussion
  • Moderation
  • Support for the New Boards

In addition, it has sections to the right as follows:

• Announcements
  • Upcoming Events
  • Popular Now
  • CGC Marketplace
  • Journals

If the Galleries section had a sub-forum link under 'CGC Forums', or a dedicated section to the right, I think they would get more visits and encourage more people to post in them.  With only one access point 'hidden' in the browse button, how many members - especially new ones - know that they even exist?

Hulks friends raise request for window to correct errors. Hulk does not need this himself, as Hulk does not make errors. But puny members do, and window  of correction would help them. Board staff do not respond to request, even though request is in section of boards designed for questionshulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 10/10/2017 at 4:33 PM, Marwood & I said:

The OCD types among us will know well that feeling of mild annoyance when you craft a post, check it carefully for errors, press submit, and then immediately spot a mistake. 

Now this of course is not the end of the world, but in recognition of how the little things can irk, does the current boards software allow for the introduction of a short window - just a few minutes perhaps - to allow those of us who value accuracy to make any necessary changes quickly without the need and indignity of having to explain our error should we be so careless as to make one?

OK, I'm looking for mistakes.....can't see any....so here goes... :wink:

Hulks friends try to help member struggling with journals (puny member!) Invite staff of board to join in, and also explain when journals will merge as promised.  Staff of board do not respond to request for help and clarification. If Hulk made journal by the way, it would smash all journals, in old or new format hulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 18/10/2017 at 4:50 PM, Marwood & I said:

Afternoon @Scott =), hope you don't mind me drawing your attention to this unanswered question from @surfer99 (there's a few more unanswered questions in the section if you have time). Before I try to help him, can you let us know what is happening with the Journals please? We were advised the old would merge with the new many months back but nothing seems to have happened. Cheers Scott (thumbsu

jo.PNG.d53796dcbd036179067b06bfb9c643a6.PNG

Hulks friends give main staff man of board second chance to help with journal clarification. Main staff board man must be busy though, as he does not respond. Hulk hope main staff board man is ok, and just on massive long two week holidayhulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif

On 29/10/2017 at 9:31 AM, Marwood & I said:

Found this helpful post from Arch:

@Architecht Arch, when are the old journals going to merge with the new? Do you think the uncertainty could be putting people off using them?

Hulks friends raise question 100 years ago about ignore function. Staff ignore it. Heh heh, Hulk use irony hulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif:

On 26/05/2017 at 2:47 PM, Marwood & I said:

Can we ignore specific threads?

Hi @Architecht, I'm sure it's been noted already but we seem to be under attack from salesmen today:

1.thumb.PNG.b97f8c17822a9be865d6a86010b8089a.PNG

I'll have a chicken chow mein please, if you get through.

I don't know about anyone else, but my main focus on the boards is to discuss comic related matters and to enjoy myself. It's a comic chat forum. The world can be a horrible place, and the boards for me are an escape. This last week the boards have become quite a depressing place. We have had threads on terror attacks and people committing suicide within which members have argued and point scored to a level that I personally have found beyond distasteful. Even a thread on everyone's favourite comic has descended into petty arguments in which any post of substance is lost or passed over, such is the hurry for some to make their next financial point for the 88th time.

I support free speech 100%, and have zero interest in censoring anything anyone wants to say on these boards as long as they are within the rules. But I would like the ability to block out threads which I don't want to read, once it has become clear to me what they're about. 

So, is there any way you can create a process in which, like members, I can ignore a thread? When I scroll down the 'All Activity' list, to see what's new, I'd like to be able to hide  posts in threads which, in my opinion, have jumped the shark to the point of surrealism.

Is this possible? 

The threads are usually in the Water Cooler. I was an advocate in an earlier post for having the Water Cooler visible to the non-user to encourage more people to join. I think I used the phrase "because we don't just talk about comics here". What I intended at the time was to convey that we talk about films, music etc. Not people killing themselves and terrorist atrocities. You (CGC) have a policy of no politics, so have set a precedent on censorship in that respect. Are threads about terrorism really what CGC want to see on their Comic Chat Forum? If so, could you at least give us the ability to block them so we can talk about comics without having to fret over the outside world, and feel a little off if we happen to land a light-hearted comic related post which then sit's between posts about people killing themselves, or each other?

2.PNG.090ab0d2d77c2a1b2bc909e8cfb86a01.PNG

Hulk raise questions to CGC via main website about comic things too. 3 attempts to get comics with different fonts recognised all ignored. Second question about bits of comics ignored. So Hulk assume staff of board, and staff of CGC have no interest in Hulk and his friends questions. This makes Hulk sad. But not Hulks friends, as they are cretins and do not have Hulks wisdom. But Hulk is used to the circle, and Hulk will stay outside it. Hulk go now. Hulk has things to  do. hulk.gif.fe486aa2ad50e62fd53adf6e9e4e1d84.gif

Afternoon Gents. I was wondering if you could see your way to responding to all or some of the suggestions and questions summarised by the Hulk a few posts back? You'll find them just above Jim's insightful 'wang' comment. Only if you have time of course. Cheers (thumbsu

@Architecht

@Scott =)

• Administrator

Response to some of the quick issues to address:

1. Likes - probably not going to increase this substantially, but if a modest number of people all still want more likes, I could see raising the ceiling a bit
  2. Gallery visibility - I added a sidebar for recent gallery additions
  3. Window for invisible edits - no way to do this. We can either allow ALL edits to be invisible (which I don't like), or none. We have no setting to allow invisible edits for X minutes or anything like this. Given the two choices, I prefer visible edits so people can tell if original post content was altered after people responded.
  4. Ask CGC - not handled by moderation - no opinion
  5. Old journal migration - not sure of the status on this one.
  6. Ignoring specific threads - no facility on the boards for this one. There might be a plugin out there for this, but I don't think I'm in favor of people narrowing their exposure to topics the community is responding to. I think if you are ignoring the original poster, though, then that thread is not see.
  7. Search drop down changes - Probably would have to be re-tested as a few minor boards versions have been released, and I know they keep messing with search. I haven't looked at this. Generally, we've been considering replacing the main search with a plugin that uses google instead. Mainly because the boards software's search facility is problematic in a number of way - not least that it's limited to a 4 year index and even that performs poorly. As a result, we're not investing much attention in it.

15 hours ago, Architecht said:

Response to some of the quick issues to address:

1. Likes - probably not going to increase this substantially, but if a modest number of people all still want more likes, I could see raising the ceiling a bit

For completeness, the main point I was making on the likes front in my post dated October 22 was that my likes would not register, and that I got no 'maximum limit reached' message like I used to. The request for more likes was just an add on in the moment. 

• Administrator
On 11/11/2017 at 2:54 AM, Marwood & I said:

For completeness, the main point I was making on the likes front in my post dated October 22 was that my likes would not register, and that I got no 'maximum limit reached' message like I used to. The request for more likes was just an add on in the moment. 

ah!

Yes, I see that now. We'll file a bug with the boards maker. I agree that it's frustrating for that to fail silently, @Scott =)

On 13/11/2017 at 5:21 AM, Architecht said:

ah!

Yes, I see that now. We'll file a bug with the boards maker. I agree that it's frustrating for that to fail silently, @Scott =)

Thanks Arch, for throwing me under the bus in the Captcha thread  (thumbsu

Edited by Marwood & I
Humility and......

1 1