• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting my Amazing Spider-Man #300 Signed
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Dear Members of CGC, I am sending in my book to NYComics.us to get it signed at a comic con.  Basically I was wondering do these people come highly recommended when dealing with getting books signed?  Here is all the detail in question, I just don't know the going rate to have these things done, and if this is a good deal.  Thank you in advance.  Nick

• Book that is being signed that I own: Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC grade 9.4
  • Signatures with cost: Stan Lee - $150Todd McFarlane - $50,   David Michelinie - $20
  • On-top of the other fees listed below:
  • Prep work - $5
  • Them opening my CGC case - $5
  • Modern Grading Tier - $40
  • Fast Track - $10
  • Special Stan Lee CGC SS Yellow Label - $10
  • Shipping back to me UPS - $20
  • Grand total of: $310.

Edited by Nick2181
Correction

52 minutes ago, Califelix said:

Did Stan raise his price again?  Last I heard it was $100 for his auto...

From what I have seen at cons I have been to, its either $100 or $120 depending on the con. At ECCC last month, it was $100. At LA Comic Con (last Oct), NYE (last Dec) and Fan Expo Dallas (earlier this month), it was $120. I think maybe at the larger cons its $100? Not for sure. Maybe if its $100 at C2E2 that might confirm it.

They are legit and they do a good job. I sent them a couple of ASM 300's a couple of years ago for McFarlane and Micheline sigs and got them signed without a hitch. As far as pricing I think it's fairly compettive at least from my experience. Just be forewarned that your grade can change. I wasn't so lucky with mine, my 8.0 came back a 7.5 and my 9.2 came back a 9.0. Not their fault just the luck of the draw and shows how subjective grading can be. 

Edited by spideyfan68

NYComics has been at this for years and I count them among the most professional facilitators in the program.  I wouldn't hesitate to send expensive books to them.  They handle all books with care.

up to the buyer of course, but I'm not sure there's really any extra value in the 'Stan' label.  at least there wouldn't be for me.

they're good to deal with at NYCC, your numbers are about right, you can probably email them directly to get the exact quote.

1 hour ago, revat said:

up to the buyer of course, but I'm not sure there's really any extra value in the 'Stan' label.  at least there wouldn't be for me.

they're good to deal with at NYCC, your numbers are about right, you can probably email them directly to get the exact quote.

Thanks all for the info.. yeah I am aware the grade can drop, just hope it doesn't.   That's what I don't like about CGC there is no set guideline when grading books, and just depends on what "that" person feels it gets.  But it is what it is, and I knew going into it.

That aside,  Revat that's the quotes NYComics actually gave me before submitting the book.  Just wanted to make sure it was fair pricing.

Thanks again everyone.  Will post my book here when it's done and returned.

Edited by Nick2181

Hey- To be honest the Stan Lee price was raised to be $125 or $100 for the public at shows.  We are no longer Stan's "Public Facilitator" for East Coast Cons as we have been the last 2 years or so. 

We can still setup private signings and our next one is at Megacon. We had a great private signing at Dallas Fan Expo. Because of time constraints and challenges that have been happening with Stan we have set our Price at $150.

Does that s u c k ? Yes it does we think..... Is it worth the hassle? Maybe only on certain books. All other prices have stayed the same for our creators and grading prices over the last 3 years.

Do other facilitators undercut our prices and have low prices?.....Sure that is business. As others have stated we have worked very hard over the years and would love to deal with anyone who needs our help. We have a ton of books to deal with for our retail side and we do not want to get overwhelmed or bite off more than we can chew.

THANK YOU to those who had nice things to say about us!! I really appreciate it.

At the end of the day we are moving on, focusing on collecting new genre's. We started a company called Scorpion Comics. We are working with Marvel and DC and Image to create what we hope to be amazing comic book variant covers.

Venom 6 by Mark Bagley comes out today!!!!!! Eddie Brock becomes Venom Again! Now that is exciting stuff. www.scorpioncomics.com

On 4/14/2017 at 8:13 PM, Nick2181 said:

Dear Members of CGC, I am sending in my book to NYComics.us to get it signed at a comic con.  Basically I was wondering do these people come highly recommended when dealing with getting books signed?  Here is all the detail in question, I just don't know the going rate to have these things done, and if this is a good deal.  Thank you in advance.  Nick

• Book that is being signed that I own: Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC grade 9.4
  • Signatures with cost: Stan Lee - $150Todd McFarlane - $50,   David Michelinie - $20
  • On-top of the other fees listed below:
  • Prep work - $5
  • Them opening my CGC case - $5
  • Modern Grading Tier - $40
  • Fast Track - $10
  • Special Stan Lee CGC SS Yellow Label - $10
  • Shipping back to me UPS - $20
  • Grand total of: $310.

Also Deadline for Dave M. was 4/1. We are doing the signing with him this Sunday. The shipping back to you we factor in the $5 CGC Invoice Fee in that price so it is $15 + $5. All the rest of your breakdown is correct. :)

So I just got my Amazing Spiderman #300 in the mail today.  I am really pleased with NY Comics on how well they handled the comic, as well as replying to my emails I have sent them back and forth for the past 6 months.  They were really prompt and glad to answer my questions.  Here is my comics with the signatures.  It went from a grading of a 9.4 up to a 9.6, so I'm excited about that. 

IMG_20171026_162656.jpg

On 10/26/2017 at 3:28 PM, Nick2181 said:

So I just got my Amazing Spiderman #300 in the mail today.  I am really pleased with NY Comics on how well they handled the comic, as well as replying to my emails I have sent them back and forth for the past 6 months.  They were really prompt and glad to answer my questions.  Here is my comics with the signatures.  It went from a grading of a 9.4 up to a 9.6, so I'm excited about that. 

IMG_20171026_162656.jpg

The blue ink on the McFarlane Sig looks NICE!! Congrats on the grade bump. :)

The Stan doesn't look too bad. Seems readable and good news that the silver wasn't running out. 

Imo silver ink is always hard due to it looking "runny" if that makes since, more like a streak than a solid line sometimes.

Great book!

Yeah the sigs turned out nicely.  Stan's sigs always seems to be a little hard to read, nothing like his "mass produced sigs" like on the Stan cgc label.  I am glad they went with silver, black on black is not always the best.   

Todd's sig is almost near perfect and positioned perfect as well.  Along with a good position for David's sig, all and all I am happy with the way the sigs turned out. 

This is a comic I would never be selling as it's my 1st comic I have ever sent in for signing.