• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redneck by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren Skybound
1 1

168 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, SquareChaos said:

Do we still do this 'preview issue' chase thing? I mean, do we care about previews? I thought we'd determined we didn't except from an OCD perspective?

Edit: Though that is a good find, and valuable information to add to the thread - I came back to edit as I realized I likely sounded like an insufficiently thoughtful person.

No worries.  I just happened to stumble across it while going through my read pile last night, and I never saw it mentioned anywhere before.

On 5/30/2017 at 5:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Read issue 2 today and enjoyed it. I like the new characters and how the story is setting up.

Just read it last night and I'm in total agreement with you.   I really like the slower, but not too slow, start.  A lot of newer books come right out swinging for the fence and fizzle out by book 2 or 3.  So far, I'm into it.  :headbang:

10 minutes ago, bigclutch said:

I don't know. It all depends on how sales at the show are.

-shawn

Good deal, can I ask how much they will be at the show? Think I know a buddy who will be able to pick one up for me

15 hours ago, the authority said:

Yep. Great story so far...

I still have this book on my mental to-read list based on your strong recommends. (thumbsu  I think though I'm probably tradewaiting at this point.

I finally sat down to "binge-read" the whole series thus far, 1-6.

I got NM+ copies of #1 (ashcan, gold and silver foil) that I'll probably hold onto until I can get a Donny Cates sig and yellow-label it, but had my LCS order me reader copies for 1-6 (3rd printing and 2nd printing for #1 and #2) so I could finally read the damn thing! Really enjoyed it - think it's an interesting take on the typical "vampire" story, and as usual, Donny's great at making you care about the different characters and easily empathize with where they're coming from.

Based on the letters pages, looks like Donny had already written Issue 11 when Issue 2 or 3 came out (forget which now), so look forward to seeing the next story arc play out!

For those who are reading Redneck regularly, saw on Donny's facebook page that they're coming out with a charity cover (by Nick Derington, who's been doing all of the Mr. Miracle covers) for Redneck #7, with 100% of the proceeds going to the Houston Coalition for the Homeless.

The Charity Variant cover's coming out the same day as regular cover for Redneck 7 (November 20th) - FOC is Oct 30th (Diamond Code JUL178523). It's a cool cover too.

I told my LCS to order me a copy of the charity cover - encourage others to do the same!

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/image-skybound-entertainment-reveals-redneck-variant-for-houston-charity