• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redneck by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren Skybound
1 1

168 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jonnywadd said:

Anyone see pics of the B & W thank you variant or the retailer appreciation covers that Midtown has posted?  Stupid prices, but could be worth it to someone.

Did Midtown actually have the retailer one in stock yet and just sell out? 

I THINK this might be it...

Edited by kevhtx

1 minute ago, IntoAnother said:

Is that the one that was $255?

I don't know. I just happen to see it on twitter and I haven't seen a version that looks like that one. I assume thats it. I haven't seen it for sale anywhere other than Midtown and its out of stock/add to wishlist there.

3 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

There are none on eBay, but I see that one VF/NM one sold for $40 earlier. I wonder if its damage or pressable defects.

I'm sure we will all be on the lookout!  Good luck everyone! lol

That might have just been in reference to a regular version like the did for other 25th anniversary covers. Not the retailer appreciation version. 

The blind boxes are still available in some places though. TFAW has them on sale for $200 right now (reg $250).

Donny did some signings at 2 different LCS yesterday. Ended up talking for over an hour

and found out that he use to run an LCS in the area.  Very Cool guy :headbang: FYI, for all you

Southern Bastards fans that is a shout out to Jason Aaron and his Rebels Football team

on the Friday night radio panel.

DonnyExport.JPG

Edited by Holden Caulfield

When it comes to moderns, you guys have nearly identical taste in books as me, so I can't wait to read this.  According to my past DCBS order, I have 2 copies of issue 1 on the way to me.  I never skip a Skybound book.

I'm excited for the upcoming variants next week, but my best friend just secured both books for $4 each from our lcs. It's off putting to see Midtown charge so much, when some people will get their copies for cover. I'd understand an inflated price for this well written and extremely well ordered title, but $200+ is just gouging the supporters and leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe I should just get some scope, and let Midtown do what they'd like, but it's hard to watch them slap outrageous prices on some books. 

I'm happy someone felt these variants are worth that price, but I feel bad for the buyers who aren't able to purchase at a more realistic cost. 

On a final note, this book sold out at one of my favorite lcs (max 2 person) in the first hour, and they ordered 70 copies. Everyone and their mother had their sites set on Redneck, and one dude was trying to buy copies from each customer by offering $6 a piece. He managed to find a few people willing, but most held their copies tight. I've never seen this happen before, and the store allowed him to do it as long as he didn't make things uncomfortable to customers. 

I posted on Wednesday how I couldn't find this book around town within reason. I did eventually find another ashcan that a store was selling for $5, and I ended up biting the bullet and ordering one regular off of eBay. Hopefully I can get around to reading this later today.

Edited by BishopT