• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redneck by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren Skybound
1 1

168 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Did this thing get green lit for a movie already?  Not sure where the hype is coming from with only one issue out, but I will admit this book is smoking hot right now.

No fake news please :gossip:

Unlike most of the newer books that got hot this book is very well written. It draws you in as the story starts to unfold. Unlike Seven to Eternity the art isn't great. So unlike Seven its not relying on the art to tell the story which should indicate something. All you have to do is read the book it will sell itself.

I just went to 10 shops looking for it this weekend to buy more copies. 0 copies available. Some shops just ordered 3 copies and they were gone quickly.

Guessing a mix of Donny Cates being red hot, EoE going for a nice amount (with god country rising) so many speculating, and a great story plus the cover art rocks!  I have three of the 4 covers... the foils gold and silver variants and the c2e2 sketch... now need to buy the original.  

Edited by Drbearsec

7 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Guessing a mix of Donny Cates being red hot, EoE going for a nice amount (with god country rising) so many speculating, and a great story plus the cover art rocks!  I have three of the 4 covers... the foils gold and silver variants and the c2e2 sketch... now need to buy the original.  

I've got 3 original covers NM+. $100,000 and they can be all yours. plus $8 shipping. 

15 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Ashcan??:shy:

3 hours ago, Drbearsec said:

Heck it was just a treat to see the actual books of some of the really valuable stuff at c2e2.... like detective comics 27 for $750k 

I held an AF 15 my buddy has and I felt sad in my soul... 

8 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

That would be awesome.,, I think giant xmen 1 and hulk 181 are two of my tops that I can actually potentially afford.  Unless I buy a 1.0 AF15 copy

8 minutes ago, Gunnz said:

Don't feel that way.  I still can remember long before I could ever think about owning some of the books I do today, how I felt in awe just to see a key book, much less hold one.  Without that feeling, I don't think I would still be collecting after 35 years.  AC1 and TEC 27 I have seen in person before, but never held.  Maybe one day....

So I read the first 3 issues a few days ago and I really like the story line and am looking forward to seeing what's next. Anyone else had a chance to read them up to the third issue?