• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Toxin First Appearance Discussion

16 posts in this topic

I have read on a couple forums that Venom vs Carnage 3 is supposed to be Toxins first full app, however on the CGC labels, they say otherwise. Which case is correct? And which Venom vs Carnage is infact the true first app of Toxin? Is there a reason why 3 would be his first app but CGC doesn't recognize it as so, or is CvV 2 the true first app?

Edited by TheSSurfer
Grammar and specificity

#1 - 1st appearance of Patrick Mulligan

#2 - 1st appearance of Toxin

#3 - Toxin appearance

Note: #2 - Pat Mulligan is seen transforming into toxin, toxin is seen and the name "toxin" is given to the symbiote by Carnage or Venom (can't remember who) 

This community has given 1st appearance status to other characters for even less reasons or evidence. Basically, #2 is the 1st appearance of Toxin. 

6 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I hate trying to make that series to form a set its really hard to find in general.

This set is a hard one to complete. Just this week I completed it (All CGC 9.8) with #1 being the last one I needed. 

According to the census there are plenty of #1's out there but only a few #2's and about 4 each of #3 & #4. CGC 9.8 that is.

4 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

#1 - 1st appearance of Patrick Mulligan

#2 - 1st appearance of Toxin

#3 - Toxin appearance

Note: #2 - Pat Mulligan is seen transforming into toxin, toxin is seen and the name "toxin" is given to the symbiote by Carnage or Venom (can't remember who) 

This community has given 1st appearance status to other characters for even less reasons or evidence. Basically, #2 is the 1st appearance of Toxin. 

This is correct but CGC hasn't put the first appearance of Toxin on them, only the first appearance of Patrcik Mulligan on #1 and that he becomes Toxin.

15 hours ago, TheSSurfer said:

I have read on a couple forums that Venom vs Carnage 3 is supposed to be Toxins first full app, however on the CGC labels, they say otherwise. Which case is correct? And which Venom vs Carnage is infact the true first app of Toxin? Is there a reason why 3 would be his first app but CGC doesn't recognize it as so, or is CvV 2 the true first app?

#3 is the first full appearance of Toxin.

I am currently trying to find CGC 9.8 quality books of his first solo series.  I have #1 in CGC 9.8 and maybe a copy of #5 that could go close if pressed and graded but have not had any luck in getting the others in a grade close to that.

Edited by Chipewah

5 hours ago, Chipewah said:

This set is a hard one to complete. Just this week I completed it (All CGC 9.8) with #1 being the last one I needed. 

According to the census there are plenty of #1's out there but only a few #2's and about 4 each of #3 & #4. CGC 9.8 that is.

This is correct but CGC hasn't put the first appearance of Toxin on them, only the first appearance of Patrcik Mulligan on #1 and that he becomes Toxin.

#3 is the first full appearance of Toxin.

I am currently trying to find CGC 9.8 quality books of his first solo series.  I have #1 in CGC 9.8 and maybe a copy of #5 that could go close if pressed and graded but have not had any luck in getting the others in a grade close to that.

All it says on the CGC label is Black Cat Appearance nothing about First Toxin App.

On 4/16/2017 at 2:04 PM, TheSSurfer said:

All it says on the CGC label is Black Cat Appearance nothing about First Toxin App.

That is correct.

There is never a mention on any of them that it is his first appearance. 

There is never a mention of his "first appearance". I got CGC to change the notation for Venom vs Carnage from "nothing" to "Patrick Mulligan becomes Toxin". Their reasoning for not putting "first appearance" in a response to my inquires, was that Toxin is a symbiote and a spawn from Carnage, meaning that his first true appearance would be considered in the first appearance of Carnage. 

Which to me doesn't make sense, that would mean every symbiote on Earth couldn't hold a first appearance title since they all came from Venom.

So, I fought for about a month with CGC about this before finally just excepting the notation.

On 4/19/2017 at 0:26 PM, Justifidied said:

There is never a mention of his "first appearance". I got CGC to change the notation for Venom vs Carnage from "nothing" to "Patrick Mulligan becomes Toxin". Their reasoning for not putting "first appearance" in a response to my inquires, was that Toxin is a symbiote and a spawn from Carnage, meaning that his first true appearance would be considered in the first appearance of Carnage. 

Which to me doesn't make sense, that would mean every symbiote on Earth couldn't hold a first appearance title since they all came from Venom.

So, I fought for about a month with CGC about this before finally just excepting the notation.

Lol! so, damien waynes first appearance is DET27? he is the spawn of batman.

On 4/20/2017 at 2:26 AM, Justifidied said:

Carnage was a spawn from Venom as well.

I agree that there should be a first appearance notification for Toxin. 

On 4/19/2017 at 9:26 AM, Justifidied said:

You act as though "symbiote" is a real thing.lol