• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any place to buy great condition raw comics?

50 posts in this topic

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:16 AM, riancorbijn80 said:

Any place to buy great condition raw comics?

Is there any place that sells great condition raw comics?? EBay is like a hit or miss..mostly a miss.

True, eBay is hit an miss. I keep good vendors saved to my favorite sellers list. If you don't like how they grade, send it back for a refund. They have to take it.

On 4/15/2017 at 10:37 AM, lizards2 said:

Here - but again, you need to look first.

The boards can be just as big a minefield as eBay, there are plenty of sub-par weekenders amongst the harder-working and more experienced folks.  I just wish there was a way to categorize sellers.  The kudos thread counts the positives, but it doesn't tell you who can't identify trimming, or who grades through the bag.

52 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

The boards can be just as big a minefield as eBay, there are plenty of sub-par weekenders amongst the harder-working and more experienced folks.  I just wish there was a way to categorize sellers.  The kudos thread counts the positives, but it doesn't tell you who can't identify trimming, or who grades through the bag.

Teach us heathens. Please. 

Just now, oakman29 said:

Agreed,great guys with these guys.

yep their guys are great too

This is going to sound really funny but I've done well with Second and Charles, a Hastings style chain started by Books-A-Million.

First off, their 1:50/1:100 books all start off at $30 or less. They bag and board books. The ones on the rack are picked over but the Fried Pie variants are in much better shape there than Books A Million. I'm pretty choosy/observant and I've managed to get almost all 9.8s from my picks. The worst was a 9.4 and the defects were all pressable (and were on the back cover) so I could get a 9.8 if it was worth a second go.

Edited by PatrickG

On 4/15/2017 at 9:32 AM, Mercury Man said:

Sometimes you just need to dive into those unorganized, unassuming, time consuming long boxes, and get at it. 

I love pawing (gently) through long boxes and I love unorganized stuff. It's like a treasure hunt. It's how I found two copies of United Features Peanuts # 1. 

Edited by Jerkfro

On 4/17/2017 at 11:16 AM, rjrjr said:
On 4/15/2017 at 8:40 AM, DavidTheDavid said:

Wwcomcs.com

Highgradecomics.com

Definitely not the last one.  Having tried a few samples from them, they overgrade.

In all my years on this board, this is the first time I've ever heard anyone say that Highgradecomics.com overgrades comics. Certainly not my experience

EDIT - Ignore the above. rjrjr made an honest mistake. He wasn't talking about highgradecomics.com

Edited by Jerkfro