• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay: Bronze Age Marvel and DC pages for sale!
1 1

76 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Meeley Man said:

How many times must I say "if you don't like a price, discuss it with me" before it takes? And the BIN are higher, so that people can use the "best offer" option. Again, so prices can be discussed. Seeing a trend here?

And you aren't discussing prices with me. You are telling me "it's too high, sell it on the cheap." That's not discussion. That's closer to demands. If you see a piece on the gallery you like, but not the price, discussion goes like this: "Hey, I like this page, but the price seems a bit high. Would you be willing to go $X on it?" Then I reply and accept, or give you a counter offer, and we DISCUSS it, to see if a compromise can be found. THAT is discussing it. Have you ever done that? Now you don't have to imagine what the discussion would be, I've just laid it out for you.

As to you comments on me and other sellers, yes, I don't have massive inventories of stuff they do. But all your blather on that only proves what I said about this being an "old boys club." How can a new guy get there, when he's cut off at every turn. You insult my artists and the work I have from them. You call my attempt to get people to engage "spam." Well, I'm sorry I wasn't doing this 20, 25, 30 years ago or longer. 30 years ago I was 13. Not even old enough to work. I wasn't even into comics yet. So, I'm sorry I didn't buy up massive amounts of art in the "glory days" and sit on it until it was high dollar inventory. I'm sorry the artists I work with aren't named McFarlane, or Finch, or Wrightson, or Lee, or Adams. I'm sorry you see the ones who I've been fortunate enough to work with as just "hacks with sub-par work." I'm sorry they didn't put in long runs on Batman or Amazing Spider-Man, in the days of yore. I guess there is just no room at the table for someone else.

I buy a ton of stuff from Jason at Essential, Felix, Paolo at Cadence and Neil at Out of Step Arts. They're all new OA reps (sub 10 years). And I'm a "new" collector who is very much outside of the Old Boys Network you're referring to. 

Since I just discovered your existence I can't speak for why others haven't made you an offer but I can tell you why I haven't. Generally I won't negotiate unless it's a piece I really want and think the price is just a bit too high such that negotiation has a reasonable chance to lead to a transaction. With no disrespect intended to your artists, there was nothing in your gallery that I wanted even at half the price. And I assume it would be futile and insulting to ask you to sell something for 30 cents on the dollar.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

'Went after artists'  Sure, guys have made C level type comments.  I can understand that you may like the artists work and the artists themselves but you're representing artists that aren't A list in popularity and that's what the comments are reflecting.  The market value of their pages.

'Open to discussion on price'  But you're not getting any interest.  That tells me that buyers perceive your prices to be too high to bother with a discussion and/or the art isn't interesting enough to motivate buyers to open discussion.  If you were selling art that had great demand or very reasonable prices you'd get interest.  How can you list art for sale, get zero interest, and not realize it's overpriced or of low demand?

'they don't like the prices, but don't want to talk to negotiate on prices. What's a person to do? That's like complaining about a pain'    Exactly, they don't like the prices, and they don't want to negotiate.  As a seller you have to find a price that moves the art.  The buyers will just move on to art they like better or that is cheaper.

'They complain the prices are too high, but then don't want to make offers or negotiate on prices. What's a seller to do?'  I'm not sure why you're characterizing posts as complaints.  You're having trouble selling art and people are telling you why in this thread.  As above a seller has to find a price that works for the buyer as well as the seller and you've failed to do that.  I sell comics at 10 shows a year and I've done it for 9 years.  There are tons of comics I think should sell for a certain amount but they don't.  Doesn't matter what I think it's worth.  Doesn't matter what I paid for it.  If buyers think my prices are a bit too high they'll hopefully make an offer, if they think I'm way too high they'll just walk away.  You're buyers are unfortunately walking away.  And if I have a book priced at $100 and three guys near me have similar books priced at $10 I'm not gonna get any offers and I'm not gonna sell anything.

'Which says that it doesn't matter what I do. I'm being cut off at every turn. That seems like spite, to me. I was told here that "people would make a deal with the devil for art," yet they won't do that with me. They'll do it with dealers who've done unethical things, but they won't do it with me. I'm told I'm taking this all "too personally," but what else can it be, with the facts laid out like this?'  This isn't personal.  It isn't spite.   Sad to say but yes, some people will make a deal with the devil for art, but that's generally for A list art or possibly a page from a book they loved many years ago and they're willing to pay up for the memory.  That you're ethical is wonderful but if you're prices aren't in line with other sellers you'll be an ethical seller without sales.

'I was told prices are the problem. I said I'm open to discussing those, if someone is interested in something. What more can be done? If you won't discuss it with the seller, there's nothing left to do. All I can think it they expect the artists and I to give it away for next to nothing ourselves. But that will NEVER happen. So, what's left?'  You keep coming back to I'm open to offers.  Buyers don't see in value in making an offer.  Doesn't matter that you're open to offers if buyers aren't motivated to make an offer.  What you and the artists value the art at is unfortunately not lining up with what the market is valuing the art at.  You won't make sales unless you and the artist AND the buyer agree on the value of the art.  Please, quit looking at this as something personal or thinking the vast numbers of original art collectors are wrong and undervaluing the art you're selling and instead look at it as an economic problem.  As many people have said in this thread, your prices are too high for the type of art you're listing and it's not selling for that reason.

'Again, it all comes back to what I've said over and over: How can prices be addressed or negotiated, when one side will clam up and refuse to discuss it? I've yet to see an answer for that.'  Indeed, you've said it over and over.  But this isn't sides.  There are thousands of original art buyers and they're a very diverse group with different backgrounds and different budgets and interests.  They aren't some monolithic entity that's ignoring your auctions out of spite.  This is clearly a business problem, and as a businessman you need to solve it.  The 3 obvious reasons you're not selling are, low demand product, high prices, bad seller.  If we consider you a good seller that leaves low demand product and/or high prices.  The solution to this problem is competitive prices and/or better product.

It isn't personal.  The other side isn't clamming up.  They just don't want what you have to sell at the price you're trying to sell it for.

"'Went after artists'  Sure, guys have made C level type comments.  I can understand that you may like the artists work and the artists themselves but you're representing artists that aren't A list in popularity and that's what the comments are reflecting. "

Call their work "low quality" and "sub-par" isn't just some "C level comment." It's inferring they are hacks. Because what kind of artist wouldn't care about the quality of their work, as if they were just churning out sausages? A hack. They may have said it to stick it to me, but what does it say about them that they would insult others to get at someone else. "Well meaning collectors" is certainly not what they are.

"'Open to discussion on price'  But you're not getting any interest.  That tells me that buyers perceive your prices to be too high to bother with a discussion and/or the art isn't interesting enough to motivate buyers to open discussion."

If they only want art from the "A-list superstars," there's nothing I can do about that. If they only want covers, I can't do anything about that. But if the price is the issue, I can do something about that (on most things). And the only way to do that, is to discuss it with me. I can't read minds. So, if the issue is the price, that can be worked on. If the issue is one of the other things I mentioned, I can't do anything about that.

"Exactly, they don't like the prices, and they don't want to negotiate.  As a seller you have to find a price that moves the art.  The buyers will just move on to art they like better or that is cheaper."

But if they are interested in the piece and price is the only issue, why NOT negotiate? How can a price to move it be found, if people aren't willing to discuss it? Again, the artists and I aren't just going to unilaterally deeply drop prices. That will never happen. If you are interested in something, but the price doesn't work for you, you talk it over. Not all sellers are the same. Some might not be willing to do so. I've made it VERY clear I am.

"If buyers think my prices are a bit too high they'll hopefully make an offer, if they think I'm way too high they'll just walk away.  You're buyers are unfortunately walking away.  And if I have a book priced at $100 and three guys near me have similar books priced at $10 I'm not gonna get any offers and I'm not gonna sell anything."

They only walk away, if they aren't really interested. If that's the case, there's nothing I can do about that. But then, if that's the case, price isn't really the issue, is it? And since all this is one-of-a-kind stuff, your "someone has the exact same thing for $10" example doesn't work here. There is no one with the exact same stuff I'm offering.

"Sad to say but yes, some people will make a deal with the devil for art, but that's generally for A list art or possibly a page from a book they loved many years ago and they're willing to pay up for the memory."

I have a lot of stuff that is "down memory lane." Pages that are over 20, 25, 30 years old, or more. As for A-list artists, again, nothing I can do if they just want to suck off the "superstars" only.

"That you're ethical is wonderful but if you're prices aren't in line with other sellers you'll be an ethical seller without sales."

But didn't you, or someone else here, say that pricing along the lines with other dealers is wrong, because their stuff just sits on their sites and has forever? That doing that means the stuff would be overpriced? So, which is it? Follow other dealers lead or not?

"You keep coming back to I'm open to offers.  Buyers don't see in value in making an offer."

Really? Odd, considering how many collectors on CAF have stuff for sale saying "make me an offer." Or all the many tales people have told here, about haggling on the price to get a good deal with someone else. Buyers see no value in discussing a price? Then how does anything ever sell, unless it's being given away? Which, again, is not something my artists and I will ever do.

"What you and the artists value the art at is unfortunately not lining up with what the market is valuing the art at."

Well, since there is no "price guide" for this stuff, that leave it up to people to DISCUSS THE PRICES. If you don't do that, then nothing can change. You can't get a "better price," if you don't discuss it with the seller. We are not mind readers.

"The 3 obvious reasons you're not selling are, low demand product, high prices, bad seller.  If we consider you a good seller that leaves low demand product and/or high prices.  The solution to this problem is competitive prices and/or better product."

I can do nothing about "low demand." I can't make someone interested in something they are not. But, again, for the millionth time, if price is the issue, that can be negotiated. People have done it before. I've stated I'm open to it. There's not much more to it, than that.

"It isn't personal."

Perhaps not of all of them. But some of them, I'm pretty sure it is.

"The other side isn't clamming up."

If I have art they are interested in, but would like a "better" price, then they say nothing to discuss the possibility for that, that is most definitely "clamming up."

"They just don't want what you have to sell at the price you're trying to sell it for."

And what you say here, indicates it is a price issue. They don't want it AT THAT PRICE. That can be discuss and negotiated on. I've stated I'm open to that. Now, if it's "they don't want it AT ANY PRICE," then that isn't a pricing issue. That's an interest issue and I can do nothing about that. So, as everyone here, including you, has been saying price is the problem, then all that needs to be done, is to talk it over with me. Perhaps it can be worked out. If they won't do that, that leaves only two possibilities:

1) They have no interest in the art at all, which I can do nothing about.

or

2) They have an interest, but they won't discuss it out of spite, because I'M the one selling it and were it anyone else, they would discuss the price, as many have done millions of times in this hobby.

And in both cases, the price really isn't the problem. 

"There are thousands of original art buyers and they're a very diverse group with different backgrounds and different budgets and interests."

Yes, that is true. Which is why being open to negotiate on prices is important. Which I am. But I can't make someone have interest. And the artists and I are not going to "fire sale" so flippers can grab this stuff on the cheap, in some vain effort to "foster interest." If someone has interest, but does not like the price, they can talk to me about it and we can try to reach a price we all can be satisfied with. I can do nothing more.

Edited by Meeley Man

3 minutes ago, wood83 said:

I buy a ton of stuff from Jason at Essential, Felix, Paolo at Cadence and Neil at Out of Step Arts. They're all new OA reps (sub 10 years). And I'm a "new" collector who is very much outside of the Old Boys Network you're referring to. 

Since I just discovered your existence I can't speak for why others haven't made you an offer but I can tell you why I haven't. Generally I won't negotiate unless it's a piece I really want and think the price is just a bit too high such that negotiation has a reasonable chance to lead to a transaction. With no disrespect intended to your artists, there was nothing in your gallery that I wanted even at half the price. And I assume it would be futile and insulting to ask you to sell something for 30 cents on the dollar.

Well, Felix is part of the "old boys network." He's been involved in this stuff for a very long time. Long before he was a rep. Jason, I know much less about, so I can't speak on him. And I never heard of the others you mentioned.

As to the rest, you are right that it would be insulting to offer 30 cents (or less) on the dollar. That would not be accepted by the artists or myself. So, it sounds like you fall into the category of "no real interest in the art at all." And that's fine. But there is nothing I can do about that. And I will not "fire sale" the artists stuff in a vain effort to "foster interest." That isn't fair to them or me. Because if that is what they wanted to do, they wouldn't really need me to do that, would they? They could do that on their own. But if you do find something of interest I have, and the sticking point is price, just know that I am always willing to work with a buyer on that. I can't promise you'll get the price you want, but I will do all within my power to give as square and fair a deal as I can, to all involved.

Just now, Bubb Rubb said:

It doesn't look like you're going to get the answers you're hoping for on the board.  Perhaps a therapist might be able to offer some independent perspective on the issue?

Well, a troll like you certainly is no help in that. That is the only sure thing I can say.

1 hour ago, Meeley Man said:

"'Went after artists'  Sure, guys have made C level type comments.  I can understand that you may like the artists work and the artists themselves but you're representing artists that aren't A list in popularity and that's what the comments are reflecting. "

Call their work "low quality" and "sub-par" isn't just some "C level comment." It's inferring they are hacks. Because what kind of artist wouldn't care about the quality of their work, as if they were just churning out sausages? A hack. They may have said it to stick it to me, but what does it say about them that they would insult others to get at someone else. "Well meaning collectors" is certainly not what they are.

"'Open to discussion on price'  But you're not getting any interest.  That tells me that buyers perceive your prices to be too high to bother with a discussion and/or the art isn't interesting enough to motivate buyers to open discussion."

If they only want art from the "A-list superstars," there's nothing I can do about that. If they only want covers, I can't do anything about that. But if the price is the issue, I can do something about that (on most things). And the only way to do that, is to discuss it with me. I can't read minds. So, if the issue is the price, that can be worked on. If the issue is one of the other things I mentioned, I can't do anything about that.

"Exactly, they don't like the prices, and they don't want to negotiate.  As a seller you have to find a price that moves the art.  The buyers will just move on to art they like better or that is cheaper."

But if they are interested in the piece and price is the only issue, why NOT negotiate? How can a price to move it be found, if people aren't willing to discuss it? Again, the artists and I aren't just going to unilaterally deeply drop prices. That will never happen. If you are interested in something, but the price doesn't work for you, you talk it over. Not all sellers are the same. Some might not be willing to do so. I've made it VERY clear I am.

"If buyers think my prices are a bit too high they'll hopefully make an offer, if they think I'm way too high they'll just walk away.  You're buyers are unfortunately walking away.  And if I have a book priced at $100 and three guys near me have similar books priced at $10 I'm not gonna get any offers and I'm not gonna sell anything."

They only walk away, if they aren't really interested. If that's the case, there's nothing I can do about that. But then, if that's the case, price isn't really the issue, is it? And since all this is one-of-a-kind stuff, your "someone has the exact same thing for $10" example doesn't work here. There is no one with the exact same stuff I'm offering.

"Sad to say but yes, some people will make a deal with the devil for art, but that's generally for A list art or possibly a page from a book they loved many years ago and they're willing to pay up for the memory."

I have a lot of stuff that is "down memory lane. Pages that are over 20, 25, 30 years old, or more. As for A-list artists, again, nothing I can do if they just want to suck off the "superstars" only.

"That you're ethical is wonderful but if you're prices aren't in line with other sellers you'll be an ethical seller without sales."

But did you, or someone else here, say that pricing along the lines with other dealers is wrong, because their stuff just sit and has forever? That doing that means the stuff would be overpriced? So, which is it? Follow other dealers lead or not?

"You keep coming back to I'm open to offers.  Buyers don't see in value in making an offer."

Really? Odd, considering how many collectors on CAF have stuff for sale saying "make me an offer." Or all the many tales people have told here, about haggling on the price to get a good deal with someone else. Buyers see no value in discussing a price? Then how does anything ever sell, unless it's being given away? Which, again, is not something my artists and I will ever do.

"What you and the artists value the art at is unfortunately not lining up with what the market is valuing the art at."

Well, since there is no "price guide" for this stuff. That leave it up to people to DISCUSS THE PRICES. If you don't do that, then nothing can change.

"The 3 obvious reasons you're not selling are, low demand product, high prices, bad seller.  If we consider you a good seller that leaves low demand product and/or high prices.  The solution to this problem is competitive prices and/or better product."

I can do nothing about "low demand." I can't make someone interested in something they are not. But, again, for the millionth time, if price is the issue, that can be negotiated. People have done it before. I've stated I'm open to it. There's not much more to it, than that.

"It isn't personal."

Perhaps not of all of them. But some of them, I'm pretty sure it is.

"The other side isn't clamming up."

If I have art they are interested in, but would like a "better" price, then they say nothing to discuss the possibility for that, that is most definitely "clamming up."

"They just don't want what you have to sell at the price you're trying to sell it for."

And what you say here, indicates it is a price issue. They don't want it AT THAT PRICE. That can be discuss and negotiated on. I've stated I'm open to that. Now, if it's "they don't want it AT ANY PRICE," then that isn't a pricing issue. That's an interest issue and I can do nothing about that. So, as everyone here, including you, has been saying price is the problem, then all that needs to be done, is to talk it over with me. Perhaps it can be worked out. If they won't do that, that leaves only two possibilities:

1) They have no interest in the art at all, which I can do nothing about.

or

2) They have an interest, but they won't discuss it out of spite, because I'M the one selling it and were it anyone else, they would discuss the price, as many have done millions of times in this hobby.

And in both cases, the price really isn't the problem. 

"There are thousands of original art buyers and they're a very diverse group with different backgrounds and different budgets and interests."

Yes, that is true. Which is why being open to negotiate on prices is important. Which I am. But I can't make someone have interest. And the artists and I are not going to "fire sale" so flippers can grab this stuff on the cheap, in some vain effort to "foster interest." If someone has interest, but does not like the price, they can talk to me about and we can try to reach a price we all can be satisfied with. I can do nothing more.

I'm sorry, I truly can't understand why we're going around in circles.

Can we focus on the basic problem.  You're not selling and you're not getting offers.   You're a businessman representing artists, and you need to solve this basic problem.  Since you can't change your inventory you can only adjust your pricing.  That's it.  There are no other levers to pull.  If you're unwilling to drop prices to sell pages or induce offers you'll fail to move pages.  And bottom line, the value of any page is the price it sells for.  Your pages aren't selling so you value them too high.  It's a marketplace and the combination of your inventory at your price isn't working.

Directly above your post is a guy who buys quite a bit but doesn't love your inventory and considers your prices much too high.  So high that he doesn't see the chance of making a deal at a reasonable price and believes you'd be insulted by what he considers a reasonable offer.  Based on your posts here I'd say he's 100% correct.  I'd also suggest he's very typical of other ebay buyers and he's providing you with very valuable information.

Please, don't continue to make this an emotional issue and instead understand the problem, evaluate the comments in this thread, and come up with a logical solution.  

Edited by thehumantorch

25 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I'm sorry, I truly can't understand why we're going around in circles.

Can we focus on the basic problem.  You're not selling and you're not getting offers.   You're a businessman representing artists, and you need to solve this basic problem.  Since you can't change your inventory you can only adjust your pricing.  That's it.  There are no other levers to pull.  If you're unwilling to drop prices to sell pages or induce offers you'll fail to move pages.  And bottom line, the value of any page is the price it sells for.  Your pages aren't selling so you value them too high.  It's a marketplace and the combination of your inventory at your price isn't working.

Directly above your post is a guy who buys quite a bit but doesn't love your inventory and considers your prices much too high.  So high that he doesn't see the chance of making a deal at a reasonable price and believes you'd be insulted by what he considers a reasonable offer.  Based on your posts here I'd say he's 100% correct.  I'd also suggest he's very typical of other ebay buyers and he's providing you with very valuable information.  Information that 

Please, don't continue to make this an emotional issue and instead understand the problem, evaluate the comments in this thread, and come up with a logical solution.  

"You're a businessman representing artists, and you need to solve this basic problem.  Since you can't change your inventory you can only adjust your pricing.  That's it.  There are no other levers to pull.  If you're unwilling to drop prices to sell pages or induce offers you'll fail to move pages."

I'm not going to drop prices to levels that are ridiculous (like the one guy who said 30 cents on the dollar or less), to entice flippers or people who truly have no interest in order to get them buy them. That isn't what I'm here for. That isn't what the artists are working with me for. They want a fair price. I'm willing to discuss prices, to find a compromise with people who are interested in the stuff. I'm not going to "fire sale" stuff, just to get a sale at any cost. The artist can do that themselves. They don't need me for that.

"bottom line, the value of any page is the price it sells for.  Your pages aren't selling so you value them too high."

Funny, but I have sold some of these pages for the asking prices. The Cloak and Dagger stuff, that one clown called "low quality," I sold three pages from that. For the full asking price. The buyer didn't even ask to negotiate the price. They didn't see it as "unreasonable." The person on this very thread, who asked me about Iron Fist pages, told me in a PM we had, that while he wasn't interested in the pages I had, they thought the prices on them were something that should easily be gotten on eBay. So, are the prices unreasonable? Or are just some buyers, with little or no interest, just wanting to get them super-cheap and calling that "reasonable?"

"Directly above your post is a guy who buys quite a bit but doesn't love your inventory and considers your prices much too high.  So high that he doesn't see the chance of making a deal at a reasonable price and believes you'd be insulted by what he considers a reasonable offer."

And he stated that he'd make such an offer, because he has no real interest in those pages. It's not that my prices are "unreasonable." Nor that I'm unwilling to negotiate on prices. But his lack of interest, means he'll only buy if it's a "fire sale price." It wouldn't matter what the page was truly worth. And I'm not going to fire sale ANYTHING. EVER. And I'm sure the artists won't, either. And if that is what a buyer expects, they are the unreasonable one. He wasn't expecting that and knew to offer it would be unreasonable and I'm glad he understood that. I appreciate that he didn't do that. I have respect for him and hope I someday have something that DOES interest him.

"don't continue to make this an emotional issue and instead understand the problem, evaluate the comments in this thread, and come up with a logical solution."

The logical solution(s) is this:

If the only sticking point is prices, that can be addressed with discussion between the buyer and myself. I've made it PAINFULLY clear, I'm willing to do that. But the buyer must engage or nothing can be changed.

If the sticking point is lack of interest, I can do nothing about that. And I and the artists will not "fire sale" the inventory to entice those types to buy it. It isn't fair to us and it will never happen. And if that is what they expect, they are the unreasonable ones.

If the sticking point is spite (because, while I don't think that is true of EVERY collector, I'm sure there are at least a few for who it is), there's nothing I can do about that. If they want to deny themselves stuff they are interested in, just because it's me who's selling it, that's up to them. I, however, will find them denying themselves good stuff they would like to have the height of hilarity.

That's the logical solutions.

Edited by Meeley Man

I don't know you at all, but this thread is a mess. It appears you're taking this all personally, and honestly this thread can't be good for business.  I can't add much to what has already been said, because my personal experience appears to match many of the other board members who have already posted.  

I do look through your inventory when you post up new things. While most of it doesn't fit my collection, occasionally I see a page or two of interest. However, the prices are usually too high (in my opinion), and I don't feel comfortable making an offer because the price I'd be willing to pay is pretty low comparably to the asking price. That isn't to say what you have is worthless, but to me it's not worth as much as you're asking. There are just too many other pages in the market at the same price point I'd be more willing to spend that kind of money on.  

I like your artists, but what it comes down to is the inventory I've seen doesn't motivate me to spend.  That's it, it's not personal at all.  I'm not saying you should lower your prices, that's up to you and your artists.  For instance, Greg Capullo has decided sell his pages at a really high price.  Greg's appears to be ok with those pages moving slowly or not at all.  But if you're asking how to get more pages to sell, the only option is to lower the price.

I don't know if I'm the only one here who has done business with James but in light of everything that is being written I would like to add my two cents. On more than one occasion I have purchased stock from James and have gotten commissions from an artist he reps. On those occasions he did work with me on the price. My dealings with him have been positive which is why I've been a return customer. 

That being said I would like to offer this bit of unsolicited advice to you James. I'm a Judo fighter and there is a saying in the fight game, "If you are defending you are losing". The guys in this thread are most likely not within your business demographic. There is nothing for you to gain here. Just disengage.  

Edited by Michaeld
misspelling

I am a firm believer in something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it - but I think that point has been raised and debated at length.  It seems like you understand this, but are still upset about people not engaging in pricing discussions - I think the problem is likely that people think the art is too overpriced and that their offer would be an insult, so they don't bother.  While it may be people trying to buy art on the cheap - it may also be that it is way overpriced (i.e., if everyone thinks a page priced at $650 is a $200 page - then maybe it is a $200 page???).  I understand that you may not set the prices or may not have total control over them (the artists do) - but then perhaps it needs to be a reality check with the artists???  Anyway, just my 2 cents .....

You have some nice stuff - nothing in my focus currently - but if you get any pages from the Death of Superman, Superman/Doomsday: Hunter/Prey, or the original X-Men Age of Apocalypse (1995-96 - not the crappy new one :) ) - I would be happy to have a conversation about it,

3 hours ago, Michaeld said:

The guys in this thread are most likely not within your business demographic. There is nothing for you to gain here. Just disengage.  

That's the jaw-dropping part of this. This is board driven by comic art collectors and comic art fans and, I guarantee you, there are collectors here who love Bronze Age Marvel pages. When the OP offered something of interest to those collectors -- like the Cloak & Dagger pages -- they sold quickly. Rather than accept that his current material doesn't have the same draw, he decided to insult a large portion of his customer base.

I was sorry to see it.

43 minutes ago, Bird said:

I am still trying to figure out why MM thinks people are out to spite him. He seems innocent enough, just a bit of a laser focus. I never heard any "bad" stories about him or anything so that makes no sense to me.

Agreed, he seems to take this personal when it appears to be a pricing issue.