• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Youngblood #0 and help finding an advertisement

8 posts in this topic

Howdy gang!

Was turning to a group for help trying to track something down. I'm trying to find where this ad appeared:

58f44e3481f20_prophet93.jpg.8fdac9cd32557c901d043d92cd2596ae.jpg

It was an early Image Comics ad for Prophet. It's got a copyright date of 1992. Could've been used even in early 93.

I've gone through 90% of the books published by Image in 1992 and still haven't found this ad. Looked through a bunch of Wizards too.

My current best hope is Youngblood #0, but I don't own a copy. Does anyone else have one handy that could check for me if this ad appears in there?

Assuming that's not it, if anyone knows where this might have appeared, please let me know:) It's a curious mystery...

-j

The first Image books were basically published and colored (except Spawn which was done by Steve Olif using Codd-Barret) through Malibu comics.  Malibu ran some ads for their books.  Flip through some Dinosaurs for Hire and the like.

5 minutes ago, WoWitHurts said:

The first Image books were basically published and colored (except Spawn which was done by Steve Olif using Codd-Barret) through Malibu comics.  Malibu ran some ads for their books.  Flip through some Dinosaurs for Hire and the like.

Did not know that, thanks.

1 hour ago, WoWitHurts said:

Oh cool! I forgot about Malibu! That's a great idea to dig into. That would be that first year too. Great idea, thanks!

On 4/17/2017 at 1:23 AM, RabidFerret said:

Howdy gang!

Was turning to a group for help trying to track something down. I'm trying to find where this ad appeared:

58f44e3481f20_prophet93.jpg.8fdac9cd32557c901d043d92cd2596ae.jpg

It was an early Image Comics ad for Prophet. It's got a copyright date of 1992. Could've been used even in early 93.

I've gone through 90% of the books published by Image in 1992 and still haven't found this ad. Looked through a bunch of Wizards too.

My current best hope is Youngblood #0, but I don't own a copy. Does anyone else have one handy that could check for me if this ad appears in there?

Assuming that's not it, if anyone knows where this might have appeared, please let me know:) It's a curious mystery...

-j

Why is Prophet's head like a half head width from centered on his body?*

*Not serious; I know the answer