• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Devaluation implications on OA tampering

25 posts in this topic

Here's a close up of part of the cover.  The 1st image is from Heritage.  The 2nd from ebay.   Are the differences possibly due to scanner settings?   I'm just wondering what the experts think, so I know what to look for in future potential purchases.

battle planets2 - Copy.jpg

Battle planets - Copy.jpg

Edited by Mickey7

3 hours ago, Mickey7 said:

Here's a close up of part of the cover.  The 1st image is from Heritage.  The 2nd from ebay.   Are the differences possibly due to scanner settings?   I'm just wondering what the experts think, so I know what to look for in future potential purchases.

battle planets2 - Copy.jpg

Battle planets - Copy.jpg

Those are 100% the same inks, just with different scans/scanner settings.  Guaranteed.

Scott

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:49 PM, thehumantorch said:

Overlays are fine but it should be disclosed.  People should know exactly what they're buying.
Clearly creating overlays are for profit and selling without disclosure is dishonest.

Permanently adding something that wasn't there to begin with is worse and brings down the value to me.

+1