• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First Appearance of The Eternals?
2 2

28 posts in this topic

I still don't see the FF issues as having a great deal of direct relevance to Kirby's work.  Zero interest in them, personally.   Retconned, but quite different.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

I still don't see the FF issues as having a great deal of direct relevance to Kirby's work.  Zero interest in them, personally.   Retconned, but quite different.

Direct relevance, no, for sure.

But the retroactive explanation was intelligent and well done (unlike those in recent times) and the Overmind is then an Eternal, even if not from Earth. He was also part of the late, very weird Defenders written by JM De Matteis… :)

3 minutes ago, ft88 said:

I could never follow the Carol Danvers, Ms Marvel, Rogue storyline.

Find this issue that I recently had graded, I "believe" it is the issue that rogue got her powers from ms marvel :foryou: 

GetImage.aspx?c=4198999&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Find this issue that I recently had graded, I "believe" it is the issue that rogue got her powers from ms marvel :foryou: 

GetImage.aspx?c=4198999&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=

This is my understanding as well. This info is from Key Collector:

Rogue was supposed to be introduced in Ms.Marvel issue #25 but the Ms. Marvel series was cancelled after #23. Marvel published the stories for issues 24 and 25 in this special edition before Rogue was introduced in Avenger Annual 10.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:01 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

This is my understanding as well. This info is from Key Collector:

Rogue was supposed to be introduced in Ms.Marvel issue #25 but the Ms. Marvel series was cancelled after #23. Marvel published the stories for issues 24 and 25 in this special edition before Rogue was introduced in Avenger Annual 10.

I'm confused.  The special edition in the picture is from 1992, so it wasn't published before Rogue was introduced in Avengers Annual #10 in 1981. hm

23 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I'm confused.  The special edition in the picture is from 1992, so it wasn't published before Rogue was introduced in Avengers Annual #10 in 1981. hm

No but the story takes place chronologically before the avengers book

Kind of her origin of rogue and getting her powers from Ms marvel