• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Krypton Key Issue Heads up: World of Krypton

11 posts in this topic

Krypton Key Issue Heads up: World of Krypton

In particular, World of Krypton #3 is the first appearance of Superman's grandfather, Seyg-El, who had been Jor-El I in prior continuity.

Seyg-El  (spelled as Seg-El in the news releases) is the star of SyFy's Krypton series, which had a teaser trailer on April 18th.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:06 PM, divad said:

That would be a play on Jerry Siegel, no doubt. :)

Glad you pointed it out to me. I was reading it a bit more...germanic...and that would have been unsettling.

23 hours ago, Readcomix said:

That was a three-issue miniseries, correct? Want to be sure I'm thinking of the right thing. And thanks for the heads-up!

I think it's the 4 issue mini from 87 by Byrne and Mignola. But I'm not positive.

32 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It's a 3 issue mini. You're probably thinking of Man of Steel which was 6 issue by Byrne.

I think I have two-different mini-series in my boxes - let me check. hm

Yep - there is a three-issue mini from 1979 and a four-issue mini from 1987, but Seyg-El first appears (as stated above) in #3 of the 1987 4-issue mini.

Edited by divad

27 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

It's a 3 issue mini. You're probably thinking of Man of Steel which was 6 issue by Byrne.

There are 2 different World of Krypton minis. The 1979 mini was 3 issues and the 1987 mini was 4 issues. After Byrne took over Superman he wrote ( someone else drew) 3 "World of" mini series. World of Smallville, World of Metropolis and World of Krypton. 

42 minutes ago, Dr Zen said:

There are 2 different World of Krypton minis. The 1979 mini was 3 issues and the 1987 mini was 4 issues. After Byrne took over Superman he wrote ( someone else drew) 3 "World of" mini series. World of Smallville, World of Metropolis and World of Krypton. 

Ah, yes! My bad.