• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40-page catalog uploaded to ComicArtAds

10 posts in this topic

Hi all!  I have pretty much run out of "short" old original art catalogs to scan and post on www.comicartads.com

Now I have to turn to the big ones, starting with the 40-page Comic Art Showcase #3 from 1975.  You can see every page of this catalog here:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/comic-art-showcase-3-tony-dispoto-1975#overlay-context

Enjoy!  Best regards, Lee

Edited by Lee B.

I don't think that I will ever forget my reaction the first time I ran across one of your reposts, Lee. I was immediately all hot and sweaty with that pit in the stomach sucking up all my energy. OMG! Look at these and look at the prices. Where do I go? Who do I call? How many can I get? How is this possible?...oh, wait. merde. merde. merde. merde. MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! 

I think you get the idea. I also think I am not the only one this ever happened to. o.O

18 hours ago, Bird said:

I don't think that I will ever forget my reaction the first time I ran across one of your reposts, Lee. I was immediately all hot and sweaty with that pit in the stomach sucking up all my energy. OMG! Look at these and look at the prices. Where do I go? Who do I call? How many can I get? How is this possible?...oh, wait. merde. merde. merde. merde. MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! MERDE! 

I think you get the idea. I also think I am not the only one this ever happened to. o.O

When I first joined the boards, I shared the story of how, long ago, I got an FF page. A very thoughtful collector let go of most of FF 98 @ $300 per page.

Almost immediately, I started getting urgent PMs along the lines of "which pages are left" and "I'll take them all". 

You are most certainly not alone, Bird. It's just human nature to stop looking once you see what you're looking for.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!  I hope to get busy with another complete catalog soon.  If you haven't checked the regular site posts recently (at www.comicartads.com), I have uploaded 15 or so art ad scans for art by John Romita Jr. and Sr. recently.  Cheers, Lee