• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best day of the week for an eBay auction to end?
1 1

23 posts in this topic

Well it seems the consensus for which day to end an auction is Sunday night.  I took the forum's advice and list my Goon preview to end on Sunday night and this was the result 

Goon Preview

Now I wonder how many more are suddenly going to show up.

The answers here are all over the place.  O.o

eBay is still a solid place to sell hot post 1975 comic books.

In my 15+ year experience on selling on eBay ending a book on fri and sat is a bad idea since most people are out and about.  All other nights between 6-9pm I feel are best.  Sunday I used to think was the absolute best night to sell, but over the last couple of years I feel the jury is still out because people have told me they get the steals of week from that day since people could still be out and about or watching the hot AMC/HBO shows at night which make sense to me.  I end 99% of my auctions now Mon Tues and  Wed nights, however I might try Sunday night again soon.

By in large I feel if you have a solid eBay reputation, hi-res scans, and have the auctions end where the much of North American can bid after work or at night you should do fine.  (Of course never have the auctions start and end on holidays or most of December).

FYI, I am mainly talking about CGC graded books.  Raw books still are better to sell in person or at comic book shows.

Edited by nWo_22