• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Off!

93 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Meeley Man said:

Help make Captain America Great again!

Okay, this wildly_fanciful_statement has got to stop! What Marvel is doing to Captain America is the last straw. I can no longer stand by and watch them do this kind of . So, I've started a petition to send a message. I'm also calling on people to boycott all Marvel and Disney product! And to send personal letters to the company. Flood them with our righteous indignation at this nonsense. Cap wouldn't stand by and let this be done to us, we should also do the same for him. Sign my petition and start using the hashtag #MakeCaptainAmericaGreatAgain, so show your support for this. There is enough division going on in the nation. We don't need them destroying the few iconic symbols that have brought us together in the past!

Drop the title, everyone. Boycotts work. When retailers have no reason to order, they will stop publishing it. They won't get it, but no Cap at all is better than this.

8 minutes ago, Meeley Man said:

And that is one of the sadder statements about this. No Cap at all actually being preferable. That's why I want to take actions to get them to change this. Ignoring it won't fix it and not having the character isn't the answer, either.

I'm hoping this petition will get enough support to send a message to Marvel/Disney. Just the first of many.

Oh, I agree with you. It's just the sad truth that no Cap would be better than what they are doing. Just stating that.

Dropping the title, however, should be implemented by anyone who feels this way. Again, they may not understand it, but it will kill the storyline.

Edited by Readcomix
Clarity

10 minutes ago, Meeley Man said:

But that doesn't fix the problem. That's why I'm making a call for actions that might.

It does if it's driving you crazy. But seriously I have no idea what's going on in the Cap of today I actually enjoy reading the GA and Bronze Cap adventures. 

Just try to remember that in 5 years, Nick Spencer will be to 20-teens Marvel what Chuck Austen was to mid-00's Marvel. A name that will be only spoken in hushed tones & quietly swept from the history books. And maybe, just maybe, we get my wish: Franklin Richards wakes up after a really intense fever dream and we find out in a full-on "bobby ewing stepping out of the shower" moment, that everything from about 6 months before Civil War 1 was a really really bad hallucination from being super sick with a Skrull Flu or something. 

The thing is, I don't think they care. Nick Spencer is the exact kinda guy that the current regime likes & the only types they hire currently (ask Chuck Dixon about even trying to get work at Marvel sometime). The guy is a failed political hack turned comics writer. Sometime around 2008-2012, the culture changed there. They went from focusing on story & leaving their personal politics to themselves (even when the story was relatively political, it was mostly kept pretty vague) to being pretty vocal about it, in the media, their social media, & their product. And while the publishing division is a small part of the Marvel brand at this point & an even smaller part of the Disney brand, I doubt being that politically active in such a public manner goes un-noticed by the Disney higher-ups. If they had any interest in stopping it, they would have already. 

I mean, until 2008 or 2012, I didn't know the first thing about Bendis or JoeQ or anyone elses politics there, but now I don't even follow them on twitter anymore because it's a constant deluge from them and everyone else with an even relatively important position at Marvel. There's no way that Disney doesn't notice it, and if they cared, they'd have stopped it already. 

Edited by Doktor