• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzz Off!

93 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Meeley Man said:

Help make Captain America Great again!

Okay, this wildly_fanciful_statement has got to stop! What Marvel is doing to Captain America is the last straw. I can no longer stand by and watch them do this kind of thing. So, I've started a petition to send a message. I'm also calling on people to boycott all Marvel and Disney product! And to send personal letters to the company. Flood them with our righteous indignation at this nonsense. Cap wouldn't stand by and let this be done to us, we should also do the same for him. Sign my petition and start using the hashtag #MakeCaptainAmericaGreatAgain, so show your support for this. There is enough division going on in the nation. We don't need them destroying the few iconic symbols that have brought us together in the past!

It starts at the top. Axel Alonso is the leader.  Start letting people know about him. He has been under the radar for a long time. Took over Marvel in 2011,so the results are the proof. The guy use to be a writer for the New York Daily News which is considered a rag in the sports world. How he went from being a writer for a rag newspaper to becoming the editor in chief of Marvel Comics I have no idea? hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

18 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

It starts at the top. Axel Alonso is the leader.  Start letting people know about him. He has been under the radar for a long time. Took over Marvel in 2011,so the results are the proof. The guy use to be a writer for the New York Daily News which is considered a rag in the sports world. How he went from being a writer for a rag newspaper to becoming the editor in chief of Marvel Comics I have no idea? hm

In fairness, Axel had a rather lengthly tenure at Vertigo somewhere in there. And then was senior editor at Marvel when he jumped over there shortly after JoeQ took over as EIC. So it's not like he didn't have a series of successful titles that he oversaw prior to being named EIC when Joe got promoted to CCO. 

That said, everything else you wrote was legit. This does stem from him. He's the one that makes the hiring decisions. (and has blacklisted everyone with a "differing" political opinion from working for Marvel)  And ignoring all that, he's the one that's overseen a company that had a writing pool of Millar, BKV, Brubaker, Fraction, Hickman, Bendis, Ellis, Ennis, Rucka, Remender, and more & are down to Bendis & a bunch of nobodies now. A lot of writing talent has jumped ship under his watch. 

Edited by Doktor

1 hour ago, topofthetotem said:

? I needed this after Montreal's OT loss. Thanks agree to disagree,  peace be with you.:angel:

You can troll me anytime, Lawrence! :nyah: and :foryou:

Just now, topofthetotem said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You can troll me anytime, Lawrence! :nyah: and :foryou:

Howdy mike, I forgot it was 4/20 today I didn't realize paranoia would be rampant. 

:roflmao:and banana082.gif

7 minutes ago, topofthetotem said:
12 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

:roflmao:and banana082.gif

Don't know about you but I've been enjoying fresh pickerel from the lake a knocking geese out of the sky on the weekends for soup. :luhv:

I retired March 31, so have had some time to cook some antelope, deer and elk out of the freezer.  Heading up to Crane this weekend for the annual family Belding's ground squirrel shoot.  Not much in season right now, but the older son has been attempting to fly fish everywhere.  Unfortunately for him, most creeks and rivers in the state are blown out right now with all the rain, snow, and snowmelt.

Edited by lizards2

4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I retired March 31, so have had some time to cook some antelope, deer and elk out of the freezer.  Heading up to Crane this weekend for the annual family Belding's ground squirrel shoot.  Not much in season right now, but the older son has been attempting to fly fish everywhere.  Unfortunately for him, most creeks and rivers in the state are blown out right now with all the rain, snow, and snowmelt.

Big game is not in season right now either but soon. ? 

I don't believe for a second that anything they are doing to Captain America is meant to be more than a way to generate discussion about the character and sell books based on the "controversy".  None of this is permanent, so why get upset about it?

Edited by rjrjr

13 hours ago, Readcomix said:
  16 hours ago, Meeley Man said:

Help make Captain America Great again!

Okay, this wildly_fanciful_statement has got to stop! What Marvel is doing to Captain America is the last straw. I can no longer stand by and watch them do this kind of . So, I've started a petition to send a message. I'm also calling on people to boycott all Marvel and Disney product! And to send personal letters to the company. Flood them with our righteous indignation at this nonsense. Cap wouldn't stand by and let this be done to us, we should also do the same for him. Sign my petition and start using the hashtag #MakeCaptainAmericaGreatAgain, so show your support for this. There is enough division going on in the nation. We don't need them destroying the few iconic symbols that have brought us together in the past!

Got any Caps?

Edited by Jerkfro
Stupid quote function on this stupid new board. Can't get rid of the "13 hours ago, Readcomix said:" line