• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK 181 Missing MVS Page - Send to CGC?

7 posts in this topic

Hi

I have a copy of Hulk 181 but it is incomplete as its missing the Marvel Value Stamp Page. I am looking to sell it in a couple months. I was debating about getting it graded anyways as Qualified. Minus the missing page I am thinking it would grade between 5.0 and 6.5. Am I high for wanting to get it graded know it will be qualified?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, Jmarch51 said:

Hi

I have a copy of Hulk 181 but it is incomplete as its missing the Marvel Value Stamp Page. I am looking to sell it in a couple months. I was debating about getting it graded anyways as Qualified. Minus the missing page I am thinking it would grade between 5.0 and 6.5. Am I high for wanting to get it graded know it will be qualified?

Thanks in advance

I prefer selling books that are graded vs raw. Less likely to have buyers try to debate about the grade especially on a key book like 181.

I'd keep it raw.  There is a pretty recognizable difference in grading a 5.0 to 6.5 and since you are at the midgrade level, I don't see much of a difference in pricing between say a 5.5 and 6.0 with the MVS missing.  Grading is going to be upwards of $80 with shipping etc.  A nice mylar and backing board seems to be about right to show it off and then read it once a year.

On 4/26/2017 at 6:10 AM, ft88 said:

I'd keep it raw.  There is a pretty recognizable difference in grading a 5.0 to 6.5 and since you are at the midgrade level, I don't see much of a difference in pricing between say a 5.5 and 6.0 with the MVS missing.  Grading is going to be upwards of $80 with shipping etc.  A nice mylar and backing board seems to be about right to show it off and then read it once a year.

$80 for grading? I think less.  Anyway, if you do get it graded - qualified is the way to go.  My second OO copy graded 8.5 Q White, and if I remember correctly, I got  $550 for it (and that was 15 years ago) - here on the Boards, in fact.

Hulk 181 sells in any condition complete or incomplete for several hundred dollars in the lowest of grades. It's a crazy book. Get it graded. Probably can submit it at value tier or EC with missing page.