• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Daredevil #3 (how does torn off piece affect grade?)

10 posts in this topic

I bought this Daredevil #3 off Ebay. The seller put the comic into a semi-rigid, open ended, comic book bag, and then put tape over the open end. As you can see, the comic slid up during shipping, came in contact with the tape, and tore off part of the top edge of the front cover.

I think the comic was roughly 7.0 grade before the damage. How badly will the piece torn off of the top edge of the cover affect the grade? Needless to say, I'm very sad that this previously nice comic got ruined by a seller that doesn't know how to package comics. It was insured, so the insurance should cover the loss in value, but I'm still waiting for a final resolution.

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5646.JPG

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

Edited by jharvey

On Sunday, April 23, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Patriot6 said:

What do you see that would press out?

Back cover, left side. Looks like a stack of books was on top of the comic. Every little bit helps.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:19 AM, iXr184 said:

Back cover, left side. Looks like a stack of books was on top of the comic. Every little bit helps.

Yep, foxing....

Edited by skyy38
Turn on notifications