• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

make mine marvel?

5 posts in this topic

make mine marvel?

Another recent  thread made mention that Matt Stock (make mine marvel) uses shilling on ebay to raise the value of his auctions.

Wondering if there is any evidence of this, or if this is just guessing?  perhaps someone has kept track of repeat bidders or other such evidence?

I have bought a couple of pieces from his ebay auctions in the past and felt the prices ended fairly.

lately prices are going higher, but with current auctions being what they are (Clink and heritage) I didn't suspect anything.

any current information would be great.  

I believe there are past threads here with evidence based on ebay listings.

But if you believe you paid a fair price, that's all you can really do if the seller has a hidden reserve (and you really want the art).  Unlike other middling art others sell...

Malvin

yeah, it seems to be a 100% accurate statement and was covered extensively in the past. I agree with Malvin though, if you are happy with the price leave it at that.

And Scott Eder is the most ethical and honest dealer I have ever met! And I have good vibes from Anthony Snyder as well, he is just a bit more laconic about it and I no longer really swim in that pool.

MMM has 2-3 shill accounts- over time he has stopped selling on one when there's too much press about his shilling, then some other account starts selling the exact same material, including all the Wacky Packages stuff, then he switches back to his old ID like nothing ever happened. If you tracked bid history its very suspicious, and the hight number of re-listings (because his shill won,  so he re-lists it) is staggering.  To my knowledge he still owes Burkey money for art he got many years ago that Burkey allowed him to take and pay later, and he's never paid up, and avoided Mike even when they are at the same convention.  Many have wondered about how he can try to flip art recently in HA, but I suspect he's working some sort of game where he "wins" stuff at a certain price, which establishes a perceived value, and then re-sells it, sometimes for less.  I think he's working with someone else that consigns and he shills it up.  Sometimes he "wins" and then just sells it for real on ebay (and shills some more). It may cost some juice on HA, but if you can make a $200 page look like a $600 page the math still works in your favor.  

Just my opinion but...  Even if you buy at a fair price, you are still enabling a thief and probable shiller.  2c  He has had some art that I was highly interested in but I won't bid after what was revealed in other threads.  There is a lot of great art from reliable sellers.  Why support people like make_mine_marvel_1973 or coolines?