• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Geppi photo

13 posts in this topic

Steve Geppi photo

I was going through my book shelf and came across this old magazine. Its from 1991.  Thought someone here might find it interesting.  Nearmint used to have a thread about old photos but I couldn't find it and anyways, this isn't really an old photo.  cheers

geppi.jpg

I remember those mags. They had all kind of collectors from cookie jars to wind-up toy banks. They would interview each of the respective hobbies biggest players. Nostalgia was really booming back then in the early 1990s with the baby boomers. Seems comics was one of the only few hobbies to survive with any impact.

43 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I remember those mags. They had all kind of collectors from cookie jars to wind-up toy banks. They would interview each of the respective hobbies biggest players. Nostalgia was really booming back then in the early 1990s with the baby boomers. Seems comics was one of the only few hobbies to survive with any impact.

yea.... its full of that kind of stuff.  toys, dolls, paper goods, advertising etc. 

Steve is doing just fine, and helping out fellow collectors...he still is a force....and he cemented comic book fandom in a way with his business practices. Sure a few pissed off people along the way...but overall a super guy

On 4/23/2017 at 0:02 PM, Mmehdy said:

Steve is doing just fine, and helping out fellow collectors...he still is a force....and he cemented comic book fandom in a way with his business practices. Sure a few pissed off people along the way...but overall a super guy

Thanks Mitch. I was impressed with how much of a true collector he was. 

Edited by Robot Man

On 4/22/2017 at 6:52 PM, Inaflash said:

I used to love that magazine. Wish it was still being published.

Ken

Heritage's Intelligent Collector usually has some interesting articles.