• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Jake Mackessy Saga
1 1

6 posts in this topic

The Jake Mackessy Saga

This is a post on a friends facebook page, judge for yourself. 

Here is the email i sent to the wife of Jake Mackessy

hello Beth....
I have been trying to contact Jake, He is ignoring my emails. I have paid Jake directly for a commission, this was over 3 years ago, the commission has still not been delivered and Jake is ignoring my emails. I need this matter resolved, if not I will take this matter public and take legal action. The fact I am being ignored is disgraceful and the situation I am advised is classed as theft (having taken my money and now ignoring me) hopefully you will talk to Jake about this and
I look forward to hearing from Jake shortly
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After ignoring my emails he quickly responded once i emailed his wife, here is his response
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake
Yo my wife just said you messaged her what the dude I don't check Facebook I'm working a diff job. Far as I'm concerned I don't have mess to do I don't know why you think you can talk to me like this or who the I am.

Take this mess to (the artist concerned). You know he blocked me last time.

Dean
I paid you for a commission.... it is up to you to refund me or get the commission..its that simple.... do not ignore me

Jake
Don't bother my wife
That's some up mess

Dean
no it is not..if you ignore me
its simple really... refund me or get the commisiion
you have a legal obligation to me
i paid the commission price plus paypal fees
i have downloaded my paypal statement which shows 20th jan 2014 and 21st jan 2014 $1040 payment to Jake Mackessy. i am happy to send this, but you already know i paid you, so my legal contract is with you. please refund me the payment as a gift. Then this matter is at a close. Thank you my paypal is dean2k@hotmail.co.uk
in addition to your earlier comments, i too have a full time job and dont have time for this, but if i take someones money i fulfill my obligation to them. if i did not, then i would have left myself open to being chased. that i am afraid is the reality of the situation. i know its not a great situation but t cant help that.

Jake
You received one of the commissions individual_without_enough_empathy
Do you want money back for it go yourself
Please take this public please make a problem I wonder what people think about you harassing someone's wife
I told you years ago I would deal with (artist name) and you told me you didn't want him to rush your commissi
I wash my hands of it you can yourself don't message me but guess what I don't block people say what the ever you want threaten me what are you trying to do legal action clown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To quickly sum up in Jan 2014 Jake touted art groups to buy a commission from an artist he was bringing over to a show, i opted for 2 pieces one at $300 and one at $700 , after 1 year the $300 commission was delivered. Jake asked me to email the artist directly to try and speed things up. so i obliged. Now jake claims that my dealing is with the artist not him. I PAID Jake. he took my money. so he owes me $700 plus fees ($730) he runs a small art studio with his wife and runs a comic con PAC Palouse.......all i can say is beware and make your own judgement if you want to deal with him
any advice on how to pursue him for the money would be helpful UK vs US citizen
I dont like matters going public and never have made things public, but i was left with little choice after Jakes post.
Thank you for your support

2 hours ago, DomRand said:

The Jake Mackessy Saga

This is a post on a friends facebook page, judge for yourself. 

Here is the email i sent to the wife of Jake Mackessy

hello Beth....
I have been trying to contact Jake, He is ignoring my emails. I have paid Jake directly for a commission, this was over 3 years ago, the commission has still not been delivered and Jake is ignoring my emails. I need this matter resolved, if not I will take this matter public and take legal action. The fact I am being ignored is disgraceful and the situation I am advised is classed as theft (having taken my money and now ignoring me) hopefully you will talk to Jake about this and
I look forward to hearing from Jake shortly
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
After ignoring my emails he quickly responded once i emailed his wife, here is his response
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jake
Yo my wife just said you messaged her what the dude I don't check Facebook I'm working a diff job. Far as I'm concerned I don't have mess to do I don't know why you think you can talk to me like this or who the I am.

Take this mess to (the artist concerned). You know he blocked me last time.

Dean
I paid you for a commission.... it is up to you to refund me or get the commission..its that simple.... do not ignore me

Jake
Don't bother my wife
That's some up mess

Dean
no it is not..if you ignore me
its simple really... refund me or get the commisiion
you have a legal obligation to me
i paid the commission price plus paypal fees
i have downloaded my paypal statement which shows 20th jan 2014 and 21st jan 2014 $1040 payment to Jake Mackessy. i am happy to send this, but you already know i paid you, so my legal contract is with you. please refund me the payment as a gift. Then this matter is at a close. Thank you my paypal is dean2k@hotmail.co.uk
in addition to your earlier comments, i too have a full time job and dont have time for this, but if i take someones money i fulfill my obligation to them. if i did not, then i would have left myself open to being chased. that i am afraid is the reality of the situation. i know its not a great situation but t cant help that.

Jake
You received one of the commissions individual_without_enough_empathy
Do you want money back for it go yourself
Please take this public please make a problem I wonder what people think about you harassing someone's wife
I told you years ago I would deal with (artist name) and you told me you didn't want him to rush your commissi
I wash my hands of it you can yourself don't message me but guess what I don't block people say what the ever you want threaten me what are you trying to do legal action clown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To quickly sum up in Jan 2014 Jake touted art groups to buy a commission from an artist he was bringing over to a show, i opted for 2 pieces one at $300 and one at $700 , after 1 year the $300 commission was delivered. Jake asked me to email the artist directly to try and speed things up. so i obliged. Now jake claims that my dealing is with the artist not him. I PAID Jake. he took my money. so he owes me $700 plus fees ($730) he runs a small art studio with his wife and runs a comic con PAC Palouse.......all i can say is beware and make your own judgement if you want to deal with him
any advice on how to pursue him for the money would be helpful UK vs US citizen
I dont like matters going public and never have made things public, but i was left with little choice after Jakes post.
Thank you for your support

Thanks for posting. Seems like a lot of artist do this sort of thing

Isn't that the guy who went by the name "Menace" on here??  I don't think he's on here anymore but some of the discussions may be of interest.  I believe he eventually posts in the thread defending himself, unfortunately I don't recall what he changed his name to and unfortunately none of the links that are in that post seem to redirect you to anywhere but the home page.

@Architecht (fyi - this is an example of the broken hyperlink migration issue)