• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Decides Who The Real Fans Are At C2E2 – No Window Bags For Comics Signatures!
5 5

216 posts in this topic

Marvel Decides Who The Real Fans Are At C2E2 – No Window Bags For Comics Signatures!

Written by our own Baltimore Lauren.

Edited by VintageComics

dirty pool

no soup for you

There's no way they should be telling people in line how to have their books signed IMO.

It's a debate about economics, not people and they should treat it as such.

Does Aaron charge for CGC and others get sigs for free?  If you paid for the sig would they still ban the window cut outs?

When questioned why, the rep said they didn’t want dealers nor CGC to be here, just real fans.

Well that kinda says it all doesn't it? I admit that I am not a fan of SS either because it has changed the entire structure of comic book conventions, but honestly doesn't bother me that much because I don't encase my books in plastic.

In the comic community there wont be a lot of uproar over this I don't think. We tend to believe this community is a large part of the comic world when its still a smaller part.(Although growing)

Edited by fastballspecial

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

When questioned why, the rep said they didn’t want dealers nor CGC to be here, just real fans.

Well that kinda says it all doesn't it? I admit that I am not a fan of SS either because it has changed the entire structure of comic book conventions, but honestly doesn't bother me that much because I don't encase my books in plastic.

I'm not a sig series fan either but that doesn't mean that someone who collects sig series isn't a real fan.

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

There's no way they should be telling people in line how to have their books signed IMO.

It's a debate about economics, not people and they should treat it as such.

This is just dumb.  If someone wants a signature and they're willing to wait in line and pay the fee why does Marvel care what happens with the book down the road?  And window bags etc indicates someone who cares about the location of the signature and the grade of the book not necessarily a flipper.

Just now, VintageComics said:

I'm not a sig series fan either but that doesn't mean that someone who collects sig series isn't a real fan.

I understand that, but there is no way they could know that so you have to draw the line somewhere. From a person who has stood in line for one signature for this and the guy next to me has 10 books.(And has piles of others in a box.) he wants signed I can understand their reasoning. Its hard to single one out instead they have to do a blanket policy.

Just now, fastballspecial said:
3 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

I understand that, but there is no way they could know that so you have to draw the line somewhere. From a person who has stood in line for one signature for this and the guy next to me has 10 books.(And has piles of others in a box.) he wants signed I can understand their reasoning. Its hard to single one out instead they have to do a blanket policy.

So why not just limit sigs?

If you want more sigs you get back into line. Solution seems pretty simple.

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

So why not just limit sigs?

If you want more sigs you get back into line. Solution seems pretty simple.

I agree that will probably be their solution eventually. Its what they used to do with Jim Lee years ago. You could get a one sketch or 2 or 3 signatures, buts that's been several years ago before SS started to make people large sums of money.

Edited by fastballspecial

how long until Marvel starts selling exclusive Signature Series covers.  Why pass all that revenue to third and fourth party vendors.

Charge $50, split it with the artist and limit it to preorders.

I'm so so glad I'm off the bus.

IMG_7552-600x800.jpg

Wow. That's quite a window-bag there. :grin:

But seriously, is there ANYTHING Disney-Marvel won't do to pss off even more fans (or are they just all "fake news fans")?

Except for Star Wars, I don't think I've bought a single new Marvel comic in probably a year or more.

Hey Disney-Marvel - you SUCK! You've been sucking more and more every year! So many of your stories just plain suck because too many of your writers (like Nick Spencer) are uncreative agenda-driven doohsbags , your "all-new all-different all-point re-re-re-re-launched characters are just a ham-handed diversity-checklist of colors, genitals and ethnic foods, and your "big-event-that-changes-everything" (until the next "big-event-that-changes-everything" that you'll poop out next year) proves that the House Of Ideas today is just a one-trick pony - the only thing propping up the Marvel brand is the MCU which is virtually unrecognizable compared to the slew of slop that Disney-Marvel churns out every week! Oh yeah, "The Vision" was cool... proving that even a blind nut finds a squirrel once in a while. And THEN you cluster of Einsteins actually have the GALL to ask all your retailers to wear your shirts (which they have to pay for themselves) to promote your NEXT big-event-that-changes-everything!? LOL!

He Disney-Marvel - if you ever wanna win back an ex-Marvel fanboy like me, just take the Costanza approach - every idea you jokers have from now on, just do the exact opposite!

rantrant

Edited by jcjames

I didn't even realize people were cutting windows out of bags until seeing this.  It makes sense that any type of fan (even someone not grading their book) doesn't want their book bent in half or grabbed wrong at the spine when having it signed.  
I've never tried getting a book signed at a con but I have been throwing around the idea of getting a Lou Ferrigno sig at the upcoming motor city cc.