• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So this started at C2E2 - Marvel bans window bags at shows

31 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

Whats being lost in all this is, even if a flipper is upcharging for an autograph, at the end of the day little billy or suizie is going to get a book signed and authenticated by cgc and it's going to make their day. Maybe they can't afford to attend and this is the only way of getting a gauranteed authentic signature.

Personally, as long as its not blatant price gouging, (No reason to charge upwards of 200 for a pre signed campbell book!)  let flippers do their thing. If its a real issue for the creators then limit the number of signatures to 5 per person. It'll keep the lines running quick and smoothly. Also Dan Slott needs to stop having half hour conversations with every fan. God bless his soul he's an awesome guy but man, talk less sign more haha

Yes Dan is a talker. lol

I've had conversations with more than a few creators about the services that CGC facilitators provide. Like Dan Slott will probably never be at a convention in Sioux Falls, SD and there are people there that would love to have things signed by him but can't afford to travel to see him. And I think that most creators get that, but as a facilitator, I shouldn't be loading the line to save a few bucks...that CGC cost should be paid by a customer and the $5 upcharge isn't a big deal.

I could talk more about this but I think enough has been said. And I believe Marvel does limit...just as DC does.

18 hours ago, Mayor006 said:

I'm very interested to see what Adam Hughes comes up with.

When Alison says that people are charging "significantly higher" I wonder if she's looking at the $5 that a facilitator charges...or is she's seeing someone pre-selling CGC 9.8 SS copies which obviously will be much more expensive cause there's the cost of the book, the cost of the grading, the upcharge due to grade, etc.

25 minutes ago, Kevlar said:

Yes Dan is a talker. lol

I've had conversations with more than a few creators about the services that CGC facilitators provide. Like Dan Slott will probably never be at a convention in Sioux Falls, SD and there are people there that would love to have things signed by him but can't afford to travel to see him. And I think that most creators get that, but as a facilitator, I shouldn't be loading the line to save a few bucks...that CGC cost should be paid by a customer and the $5 upcharge isn't a big deal.

I could talk more about this but I think enough has been said. And I believe Marvel does limit...just as DC does.

Why you gotta dog Sioux Falls?

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, seanfingh said:

Why you gotta dog Sioux Falls?

Cause I've spent enough time pheasant hunting in South Datoka to call it a second home during the winter so I can dog it. lol  Plus JJ is from there...do I need another reason to dog it? :)

9 minutes ago, fullerjason said:

Above is an update from Adam Hughes' Facebook page regarding autographs and head sketches.

See. This is how creators can do it so they don't feel like they are getting ripped off from stuff going to ebay. Transparency on what their prices are and a deal worked out with CGC. Win, win. Now if we could only get Barry Windsor Smith to start signing again.

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

See. This is how creators can do it so they don't feel like they are getting ripped off from stuff going to ebay. Transparency on what their prices are and a deal worked out with CGC. Win, win. Now if we could only get Barry Windsor Smith to start signing again.

I think more and more creators are going to do all CGC signings directly through CGC to ensure 1) that no one tried to get out of paying a fee and 2) that larger numbers can be done quickly and give the talent more time with other fans at their tables, sketching at their tables, etc.

I think the 'private signing' method is fine and I see the logic, and certainly every creator should do what they feel is best.  But an unfortunate casualty of these situations is the CGC SS fan who just wants one or two books signed and to chat with the creator and watch their favorite book get signed, maybe even get a picture!  Of course you can still wait in line and have a non-graded copy of the book signed, but sometimes there's something special about a certain copy of a certain book...I have probably 10 CGC SS stan lee books, and while they're not the most valuable, the two I value most are the two I had signed in person, talking to Stan in person, which were CGC SS'd.

Oh well, I guess that's the cost of CGC SS.