• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidermanbeyond feedback thread

26 posts in this topic

Spidermanbeyond feedback thread

Hello Everyone,

I have been a board member since 2002 and had dealings with many forum members.  Here is finally my forum Feedback thread which I should have started a long time ago.   You can also check me out on Ebay under the same ID: spidermanbeyond.   Ebay member since 1999 and 100% positive feedback (>1600).   Thank you for the positive feedback.  I am looking for 100% customer satisfaction here on the forum as well.   Thank you.

Edited by spidermanbeyond

spidermanbeyond helped me out pretty close to the last minute with the Silicon Valley Comic Con.  He not only got two signatures from Russ Heath for me, he also scored a sweet Swamp Thing sketch from Tom Yeates for me as well!  Oh, and let's not forget the press that got my Millennium Edition Our Army as War a 9.6!  There's links to the books below.  

Thanks!

Perry not only has been a great asset in helping with book pressing - responsive, professional, not overpromising, reasonable, and communicative - but he's also gone out of his way to patiently help me understand grading after many years (decades really) away from the hobby.  I can't recommend Perry highly enough.

Perry has been great, in the last two grading  contests I selected his gift of pressing some books for me and he was great.  He is also helping me out with a CGC problem and he has been fantastic.  Perry goes above and beyond, that is probably why he is named spidermanbeyond!  :bigsmile:

Perry recently pressed some books for me and did an amazing job.  His most impressive feat was the work he did on my wavy, 9.0-ish Nyx #3.  I just submitted it this past weekend for on-site grading at Baltimore and it came back a 9.6.  Perry was great to work with and I'd highly recommend his services to anyone interested in getting some nice grade bumps for their books.

On 8/13/2017 at 7:36 PM, toro said:

Perry has been great, in the last two grading  contests I selected his gift of pressing some books for me and he was great.  He is also helping me out with a CGC problem and he has been fantastic.  Perry goes above and beyond, that is probably why he is named spidermanbeyond!  :bigsmile:

I just got an incredible grade bump for Toro.  FF Annual #2 8.0 to 9.2.  Amazing bump in grade and monetary gain; Amazing journey into the subtleties of grading as well.

5 hours ago, spidermanbeyond said:

I just got an incredible grade bump for Toro.  FF Annual #2 8.0 to 9.2.  Amazing bump in grade and monetary gain; Amazing journey into the subtleties of grading as well.

To say that I was impressed with the press would be a total understatement.  :bigsmile:

Thank you Perry!!!

I was fortunate to win and select Perry's contribution during a grading contest. I won four free presses. Perry's prices were very reasonable so I decided to submit about a dozen books.

I was very happy with the outcome and received some very nice grades. I also took advantage of Perry's discount from CGC so that also helped out financially.

Without hesitation, I would recommend Perry. In fact, I plan on sending him some more books soon.

Jerry

Perry pressed six books for me and I was very impressed with the results especially including two 9.8 books that were unexpected prior to his work.  I was also very impressed with his feedback on the condition of each book prior to his working on them.  Additionally, his educated guesses on the grades from CGC were very accurate.  Great work!

From Haribon:

"Thank you to spidermanbeyond for pressing my comics before the event!   All came out amazing and he has my recommendation!    See you at the show this Saturday! (SF Con)"y!

From Ebay transaction June 2018:

Sample notes and evaluation:

Hi Fred,

I am done with your moderns.  Here are my notes:

Fred P. Order

1. Amazing Spider-Man #238 – light spine ticks on front and back cover, tiny tear near upper staple on back cover, slight dirk back cover, small crease back cover upper corner, creasing back cover edge.  Pre-press grade 8.0, after press 8.5 to 9.0
  2. Amazing Spider-Man #298 – slight spine ticks on front extending to back cover.  Pre-press grade 8.5, after press 9.0/9.2
  3. Amazing Spider-Man #299 – light spine ticks, pre-press 9.0/9.2, after 9.2/9.4
  4. Amazing Spider-Man #300 – light spine ticks front cover, light spine ticks back cover/some break color, small finger bend back cover, pre-press 8.0/8.5, after 8.5 to 9.2.  This issue is tough to get in high grade because of the black back cover shows every flaw, tick, stress.  CGC can be very strict at times.
  5. Amazing Spider-Man #301 – light spine ticks front cover, small impact ding lower bottom of spine, dirk, back with light spine ticks that break color.  Pre-press grade 8.0/8.5 after 8.5 to 9.0

Perry

good morning Perry,  I just called CGC just as a follow-up to see how my order was.  the Gentlemen on the phone said my order was completed on June 12 and is being processed for shipping.  here are the amazing results you left. READY?

CGC Results!!!!!!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #238 =9.0

Amazing Spider-Man #298 =9.4

Amazing Spider-Man #299 =9.8

Amazing Spider-Man #300 =9.6

Amazing Spider-Man #301 =9.6

TEARS is all I have at this moment.  these books have sentimental value, cause I reads them with my best friend that particular year in grade school.  they will be wall displayed in my room at home. I cannot stress the amazing work you performed.  I will definitely recommend your services and will return again.  thanks again Perry.

Fred

Consummate professional. Fantastic service.

Sent some books off to Perry for pressing/grading and achieved better than expected results. Kept me in the loop throughout the process.

Has earned repeat business from me and more than highly recommend him to others.