• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

Is this how its going to go down? Captain Marvel movie introduces Adam Warlock...then Warlock saves the day in Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet?

"When Thanos uses his powers to kill half of the living beings in the universe (Avengers: Infinity War), Adam Warlock leads Earth's remaining heroes against him (Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet). After the Infinity Gauntlet is stolen by Thanos' villainous granddaughter Nebula, he aids the remaining heroes in defeating her. Warlock ultimately obtains the Infinity Gauntlet and uses its power to undo the death and destruction caused by Thanos."

I hope they stick to Starlin's -script here.

Let's say the title of Avengers 4 turns out to be Avengers: Forever... The comic book story by the same name saw heroes from different timelines being plucked from the existence and brought to the present to unite against a common enemy. With half of the Avengers heroes either dead or seemingly erased from existence, it seems clear that some are going to be brought back in one way or another. If the remaining heroes can find a time to go snatch Quicksilver and bring him to the present, he will certainly come in handy.

Think about it: who else is fast enough to snatch the Infinity Gauntlet or the Infinity Stones from Thanos without the Mad Titan catching on and stopping them immediately? With Quicksilver, the team in space would have had plenty of time to rip the golden glove from the Mad Titan's grasp before Star-Lord's outburst which lead to trillions wiped from existence.

In some circumstances, Quicksilver is also capable of traveling through time using his speed. If he were somehow resurrected, he might be the one responsible for linking up with heroes from the past and bringing them to the present to unite against Thanos. The only other option presented to audiences so far would be to retrieve the Time Stone but the Avengers don't know where Thanos is so it would be quite an undertaking to begin with. Should they find another way to travel through time or acquire the Time Stone, there is no reason not to bring Quicksilver back to life.

Totally unsubstantiated, but unverified source claiming title is...

Spoiler

Avengers Endgame

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/953155/Avengers-Infinity-War-Avengers-4-title-Avengers-Endgame-Doctor-Strange-Time-Stone

Not sure why that would need to be safeguarded like the hope diamond, so I'm calling BS....

Today, the first description of Avengers 4 was spotted in the latest issue of License Global. The magazine’s May issue included a vague synopsis for the film that teases its epic stakes, and you can read it below:

“A culmination of 22 interconnected films the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.”

Naturally, the Internet has been fast to pick apart the synopsis for what it is. So far, everything from the Illuminati to Marvel’s Secret Wars has been inferred from the blurb, but they aren’t the craziest things to come from it. After all, its bit about reality has got fans theorizing about the real possibility of time travel in Avengers 4.

As you can see, the blurb stresses a “turning point” for Avengers 4 as its heroes learn how “fragile this reality” has become. Of course, Thanos had a big hand in messing up reality with his fully powered Infinity Gauntlet. His Reality Stone did a number on guys like Star-Lord, but there is nothing in this synopsis that screams time travel. That is, until you look back to set photos taken from Avengers 4.

Earlier this month, fans finally noticed a big detail from a leaked set of Avengers 4 set photos. The images, which can be seen here, shows Tony Stark in a full SHIELD agent uniform while Loki is shown in his Avengers era costume. One fan noticed a discrepancy in the photos concerning Tony, and it made fans double-down on a time travel idea.

And whatever shenanigans the Avengers accomplish via time travel will then draw the interest of Kang the Conquerer -- post-credit scene already written for Phase 4?  :shy:

Dan

3 hours ago, Drummy said:

And whatever shenanigans the Avengers accomplish via time travel will then draw the interest of Kang the Conquerer -- post-credit scene already written for Phase 4?  :shy:

Dan

That would be awesome but Disney doesn't have the rights to Kang.:sorry:

I think Magus could be the next big bad.

Edited by chezmtghut

AVENGERS 4 Was Reportedly Titled AVENGERS: INFINITY GAUNTLET Before That Leaked Online

According to a new report, Marvel Studios planned to title the Infinity War sequel Infinity Gauntlet but that changed when Zoe Saldana let it slip during the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 press tour.

As you'll no doubt recall, Zoe Saldana referred to the movie as Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet during the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 press tour. And while those involved with the movie have denied it was ever going to be called that, MCU Cosmic claims that was indeed what the epic ensemble was being referred to during production. When you think about it, it's a title which makes a lot of sense too.

After all, while the Infinity Gauntlet may have been destroyed at the end of Infinity War, it's bound to factor heavily into the sequel and "Gauntlet" could also refer to what Earth's Mightiest Heroes will have to go through in order to put an end to the Mad Titan.

19 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Giving Avengers 4 a new title because Zoe let it slip would be an incredibly asinine move imo. It would be like rewriting the entire film because Tom Holland couldn't keep his mouth shut or the usual plot leaks we regularly hear about. Honestly, wtf are they thinking???

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

Giving Avengers 4 a new title because Zoe let it slip would be an incredibly asinine move imo. It would be like rewriting the entire film because Tom Holland couldn't keep his mouth shut or the usual plot leaks we regularly hear about. Honestly, wtf are they thinking???

or when Mark Ruffalo butt-dialing out the first 30 minutes of Infinity War - at least that didn't lead to any changes.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:01 PM, Comicopolis said:

That's why Tony was spared - so he can invent a time travel machine.

And go back in time and get the Almanac off Thanos?

anyone else think Gamora is going to play the role of Warlock from the original Thanos arc? Shock unexpected "death" followed by a cameo at the end of the film? Returns in the next episode. :) 

On 9/25/2017 at 9:04 AM, ghengishahn said:

Wait, what?  Wasn't Peggy Carter on her death bed in Captain America: Winter Soldier and looking like she was 100 years old?  How is she looking so young in Avengers 4?

time travel

I watched infinity war again, and that final scene after Thor strikes him when he sees child Gamora doesn’t fit. Why does he see that? Then come back and teleport out

also it’s super clear that Dr strange needed to give up the time stone to save tony. He says it was the only way

On 4/30/2018 at 9:12 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Is this how its going to go down? Captain Marvel movie introduces Adam Warlock...then Warlock saves the day in Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet?

"When Thanos uses his powers to kill half of the living beings in the universe (Avengers: Infinity War), Adam Warlock leads Earth's remaining heroes against him (Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet). After the Infinity Gauntlet is stolen by Thanos' villainous granddaughter Nebula, he aids the remaining heroes in defeating her. Warlock ultimately obtains the Infinity Gauntlet and uses its power to undo the death and destruction caused by Thanos."

I hope they stick to Starlin's --script here.

This is what I am expecting and would make the most sense.

Which is probably why it isn't going to go that way lol

I must have forgotten something from the comic series, while I have Thanos Quest and the 6 issues of Infinity Gauntlet, could someone tell me what the symbol on Nick Fury's device at the end of Avengers IG is? I was thinking it was the symbol for the golden beings that have HIM.

1 minute ago, IkewithMike said:

This is what I am expecting and would make the most sense.

Which is probably why it isn't going to go that way lol

I must have forgotten something from the comic series, while I have Thanos Quest and the 6 issues of Infinity Gauntlet, could someone tell me what the symbol on Nick Fury's device at the end of Avengers IG is? I was thinking it was the symbol for the golden beings that have HIM.

Captain Marvel, the Bree Larson one coming our way before Avengers 4.