• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2018 at 10:22 AM, jsilverjanet said:

here's the issue I have with the "page" sent to Captain Marvel. Why didn't he do that during the invasion of NYC?

hm 

Fury didn't know if they were going to make a movie with her in it yet. :) 

1 hour ago, kdoginohio said:

So, if Thanos took the Gauntlet from the Asgard vault, why did he need the dwarves to make one? Is there a back up? Does he go back in time to remake the one destroyed at the end? Is it all timesy- wimesy stuff?

I forget where it was said or by whom (an interview with the writers, Markus/McFeely, I think), but they explained away the double gauntlets by saying that the one in Odin's vault was a fake. There's a scene in Thor: Ragnarok where Hela's walking through the vault and she knocks it over and calls it fake. The only real gauntlet is the one Thanos has, and he got it from the dwarves.

Infinity War Part 2 starts with Iron Man receiving a letter from a guy at Western Union.

Are you Tony Stark? I've got something for you.... a letter.

Tony Stark: A letter for me? That's impossible.

Dear Tony,
If my calculations are correct you will receive this letter immediately after you saw me disappear into nothing. First let me assure you that I am alive and well, I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885.

Tony Stark: Its from the Doc! Doc Strange, he's alive... he's in the old west, but he's alive.

Edited by bane

2 hours ago, bane said:

Infinity War Part 2 starts with Iron Man receiving a letter from a guy at Western Union.

Are you Tony Stark? I've got something for you.... a letter.

Tony Stark: A letter for me? That's impossible.

Dear Tony,
If my calculations are correct you will receive this letter immediately after you saw me disappear into nothing. First le me assure you that I am alive and well, I've been living happily these past eight months in the year 1885.

Tony Stark: Its from the Doc! Doc Strange, he's alive... he's in the old west, but he's alive.

1631280-doc_brown_full.jpg

On 8/30/2018 at 9:21 AM, Cocomonkey said:

I forget where it was said or by whom (an interview with the writers, Markus/McFeely, I think), but they explained away the double gauntlets by saying that the one in Odin's vault was a fake. There's a scene in Thor: Ragnarok where Hela's walking through the vault and she knocks it over and calls it fake. The only real gauntlet is the one Thanos has, and he got it from the dwarves.

This.

For whatever reason, every "critic"*** thinks they find a problem with continuity regarding the Infinity Gauntlet in the MCU and Thanos' timing in actually "doing it himself". Obviously, Thanos has been eyeing all 6 Infinity Stones for at least a decade. Thanos had the Infinity Gauntlet created after the events of Thor: The Dark World because of Odin's absence from Asgard. With Loki in charge and Heimdall being "negligent of duty", no one was protecting Nidavellir. He also had to wait for Odin's death, and the absence of the Odinforce (or Asgard's demise), to re-acquire the Tesseract. Odin, Thor, and Loki would have defeated Thanos in any attempt otherwise.

***I'm not calling you a critic, or calling you out, I'm just sick of seeing millions of articles with the same incorrect sentiments.

3 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

So, looking back, is anyone else pissed/disappointed that we got more Puny Banner and less hulk in Infinity War?

I said it after watching the movie. It’s not so much that there wasn’t a hulk but the banner was a whiny little blank

I'd say it was disappointing only if we don't get a fantastic Hulk 'redemption' in Avengers 4.  The conflict between Banner and the Hulk interests me, but I want to see it pay off in the next movie.

More specifically, I want someone to take whatever idea Joss Whedon had for Avengers 2 and put it into play.  He said he had a kick- moment for Hulk that he didn't use...we need to see something like that in 4.  I myself am hoping for some acknowledgement that the Hulk gets stronger and he gets angrier, leading to a scene which ends with Hulk just crushing someone (Thanos?) and yelling, "Hulk is the strongest one there is!"

Short of that, I will feel a bit let down by this particular story arc.  

http://www.superherohype.com/news/421265-mark-ruffalo-says-avengers-4-reshoots-are-to-finish-the-movie#/slide/1

Ruffalo: “Well we’re doing reshoots starting in September,” confirmed Ruffalo. “And then we’ll go back into the international tour, we’ll go on tour… Then you guys will get [‘Avengers 4’]. Which we don’t even know what it’s gonna be yet. We’re not just doing reshoots, we’re going to finish the movie, which we really didn’t get to finish totally when we left it last year… It’s pretty amazing. And we’ll shoot some stuff and a few days later come back and reshoot it cause we wanna take it in another direction. It’s a very living organism, even as we approach it being a locked picture, we’re still working on it.“

Hmmmm, perhaps adding in new elements from Fox acquisition already, or at least some ground work for the future? hm Probably wishful thinking...

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/421265-mark-ruffalo-says-avengers-4-reshoots-are-to-finish-the-movie#/slide/1

Ruffalo: “Well we’re doing reshoots starting in September,” confirmed Ruffalo. “And then we’ll go back into the international tour, we’ll go on tour… Then you guys will get [‘Avengers 4’]. Which we don’t even know what it’s gonna be yet. We’re not just doing reshoots, we’re going to finish the movie, which we really didn’t get to finish totally when we left it last year… It’s pretty amazing. And we’ll shoot some stuff and a few days later come back and reshoot it cause we wanna take it in another direction. It’s a very living organism, even as we approach it being a locked picture, we’re still working on it.“

Hmmmm, perhaps adding in new elements from Fox acquisition already, or at least some ground work for the future? hm Probably wishful thinking...

Absolutely! I would expect a big surprise for comic fans. :wishluck:

Most likely fake plot leak, but it’s an entertaining read nevertheless. Putting spoiler tag on it so if you choose to read, it’s definitively your decision

Edited by Callaway29

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Most likely fake plot leak, but it’s an entertaining read nevertheless. Putting spoiler tag on it so if you choose to read, it’s definitively your decision

Huh... Who's Gamore and what's a "long berd?" hm 

Yeah, Hulk isn't necessarily scared of Thanos, but he's sick of just fighting for Banner. Avengers: End Game (or whatever it might be called) is going to finish this 3-story arc (that started in Ragnarok) between Banner and The Hulk. Professor Hulk is expected to make his appearance in the next one.

I, for one, was more surprised than disappointed in the lack of Hulk. I was kinda expecting Hulk to tear the Black Order apart after being embarrassed by Thanos on the Asgardian refugee vessel. It was nice to see Banner actually do something other than get mad and turn green.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the new potential title leak as Avengers Annihilation or the Russo Bros firing Mark Ruffalo on twitter. It might just be a PR to get fans hyped up, who knows. Seeing Thanos die in a team up with the Avengers to stop Annihilus & save the universe, would be a pretty interesting turn of events though.:popcorn:

Interestingly enough, FF Annual 6 has skyrocketed in value since Aug.

Edited by chezmtghut