• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

I think the Russo brothers wanted to give Mark Ruffalo his screen time.  He already had to play second fiddle to the Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok.

Now that Ruffalo/Banner had their screen time, I expect the next movie to clear up the Banner/Hulk issues before going full Hulk mode:banana:.

On 10/14/2018 at 2:37 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Hahaha I'm down.  Any book $500 or less.  If that picture they post is the FF car you win.  If it is a surfboard I win.

***It has to be reference to that picture...done deal

On 10/14/2018 at 2:46 AM, Callaway29 said:

I accept terms.

Witness!

On ‎2018‎/‎10‎/‎15 at 4:31 PM, Callaway29 said:

While it was painful to watch hulk be such a b**ch, it’s undoubdtedly a plot device to give whatever he’s doing in the next film more emotional impact for the audience. They’re building, and the frustration we’re feeling is intentional...2c

It likely has more to do with contractual obligations that ensure the actors show their faces as much as possible. It is why we constantly see Captain America without his mask, Iron Man without his helmet, Hulk being Bruce Banner 95% of the time, etc.

The writing of the -script must concede to these contracts. The films would be even better though if Marvel would give the characters their moments.

I want to see the Hulk holding his own against Thanos who realizes that physically he would be defeated by the Hulk so he must use the gauntlet to ensure victory. The scene where Thanos holds the Hulks arms and he is physically forcing the Hulk into submission: it would have given the Hulk character his "moment" if we spend a few seconds showing the Hulk getting angry that Thanos was winning then with his anger increasing his strength the Hulk begins to physically over power Thanos who then recognizes that he must use the gauntlet's power to change the outcome and win the fight. Something similar to what we got with Thor.

I wanted to see the Hulk take on the child of Thanos "big guy with the axe" ( can't remember his name ) and have an awesome fight.

Instead...well you saw what we got. meh

And just for clarification: I really enjoyed the movie; solid 8 out of 10 but it could have been a 10.

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

It likely has more to do with contractual obligations that ensure the actors show their faces as much as possible. It is why we constantly see Captain America without his mask, Iron Man without his helmet, Hulk being Bruce Banner 95% of the time, etc.

The writing of the --script must concede to these contracts. The films would be even better though if Marvel would give the characters their moments.

I want to see the Hulk holding his own against Thanos who realizes that physically he would be defeated by the Hulk so he must use the gauntlet to ensure victory. The scene where Thanos holds the Hulks arms and he is physically forcing the Hulk into submission: it would have given the Hulk character his "moment" if we spend a few seconds showing the Hulk getting angry that Thanos was winning then with his anger increasing his strength the Hulk begins to physically over power Thanos who then recognizes that he must use the gauntlet's power to change the outcome and win the fight. Something similar to what we got with Thor.

I wanted to see the Hulk take on the child of Thanos "big guy with the axe" ( can't remember his name ) and have an awesome fight.

Instead...well you saw what we got. meh

And just for clarification: I really enjoyed the movie; solid 8 out of 10 but it could have been a 10.

Black Dwarf. Or, in the MCU, Cull Obsidian...

The reason that I liked the Thanos vs Hulk fight is, aside from showing audiences early how powerful Thanos actually is, because Hulk is just a body of rage whereas Thanos is a tactical master. I know that in the comics he avoids most/all confrontations with the Hulk because of his physical strength. We already heard in GotG, "Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!" This fight highlighted that fact. His physical strength + combat strategies simply bests the Hulk. And, until/unless Professor Hulk comes out, it should definitely stay that way.

28 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Black Dwarf. Or, in the MCU, Cull Obsidian...

The reason that I liked the Thanos vs Hulk fight is, aside from showing audiences early how powerful Thanos actually is, because Hulk is just a body of rage whereas Thanos is a tactical master. I know that in the comics he avoids most/all confrontations with the Hulk because of his physical strength. We already heard in GotG, "Thanos is the most powerful being in the universe!" This fight highlighted that fact. His physical strength + combat strategies simply bests the Hulk. And, until/unless Professor Hulk comes out, it should definitely stay that way.

professor Hulk isn't stronger than the Hulk nor is he a master of tactics.

Thanos was simply shown as stronger which I disagree with. My suggested way takes 30 seconds of screen time and gives the Hulk a "moment" in the film showcasing what he brings to the table...instead of what we were given. I have absolutely no problem with Thanos defeating the Hulk, perhaps it could have come with some form of dialogue where Thanos says casually "you are strong monster, but strength is not everything." Then he defeats the Hulk via some tactic or using the gauntlet. Perhaps using the gauntlet to force the change from Hulk back to Banner. Then they have a solid explanation for why the Hulk doesn't emerge for the remainder of the film: Thanos employed some magic that now prevents it.

I want to see the incredible feats of strength the Hulk is capable of. I definitely do not want to see the Hulk refusing to emerge. meh

Edited by Artboy99

33 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

With all due respect, this is very stupid.

Maybe.  Though why wouldn't the Hulk want to emerge?  Maybe his cries of `No!`' was him trying to fight through Loki's hidden influence?  

4 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

professor Hulk isn't stronger than the Hulk nor is he a master of tactics.

Thanos was simply shown as stronger which I disagree with. My suggested way takes 30 seconds of screen time and gives the Hulk a "moment" in the film showcasing what he brings to the table...instead of what we were given. I have absolutely no problem with Thanos defeating the Hulk, perhaps it could have come with some form of dialogue where Thanos says casually "you are strong monster, but strength is not everything." Then he defeats the Hulk via some tactic or using the gauntlet.

I want to see the incredible feats of strength the Hulk is capable of. I definitely do not want to see the Hulk refusing to emerge. meh

What, exactly, are you disagreeing with..? In 2014, the MCU told its audiences that Thanos is the "strongest being in the universe"... The Hulk got a jump on Thanos and showed that he has strength to challenge him, and then Thanos showed off his own physical strength and physical fighting tactics (which he historically has). We don't need dialogue for everything that freaking happens. This is the entire point of a visual exchange. We don't need 2 instances of the same direction. This is just bad inference by you.

4 minutes ago, davidpg said:

Maybe.  Though why wouldn't the Hulk want to emerge?  Maybe his cries of `No!`' was him trying to fight through Loki's hidden influence?  

Did you see Thor: Ragnarok..? The Hulk is tired of being a physical tool for Banner to call upon when he's physically outmatched. This is a 3-story arc for Banner/Hulk that will 'finish' in Avengers 4. Loki is dead, and AFAIK, he doesn't have the ability to "be inside" people like a freaking poltergeist.

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What, exactly, are you disagreeing with..? In 2014, the MCU told its audiences that Thanos is the "strongest being in the universe"... The Hulk got a jump on Thanos and showed that he has strength to challenge him, and then Thanos showed off his own physical strength and physical fighting tactics (which he historically has). We don't need dialogue for everything that freaking happens. This is the entire point of a visual exchange. We don't need 2 instances of the same direction. This is just bad inference by you.

Lots of viewers have issues with how the entire Hulk part of the film went down. It is not explained well in the slightest as to why the Hulk won't emerge. All I am suggesting is a way to provide some explanation. I personally love the idea that Thanos makes use of the power at his disposal to change outcomes in his favor, like what we saw in his battle with Thor which I thought was great.

Showing Thanos to be physically stronger than the Hulk takes away what the Hulk brings to the table. That is what I am disagreeing with. That Thanos is the strongest being in the universe is in no way diminished by showing that Thanos has additional powers beyond strength to win his battles.

2 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Lots of viewers have issues with how the entire Hulk part of the film went down. It is not explained well in the slightest as to why the Hulk won't emerge. All I am suggesting is a way to provide some explanation. I personally love the idea that Thanos makes use of the power at his disposal to change outcomes in his favor, like what we saw in his battle with Thor which I thought was great.

Showing Thanos to be physically stronger than the Hulk takes away what the Hulk brings to the table. That is what I am disagreeing with. That Thanos is the strongest being in the universe is in no way diminished by showing that Thanos has additional powers beyond strength to win his battles.

It's explained in Thor: Ragnarok... It's one of those things, that if you didn't see previous films, you won't understand.

I don't understand how you can interpret being defeated by the most powerful being in the MCU as "taking away from what the Hulk brings to the table." The Hulk isn't even stronger than Thor, which was again, shown in Ragnarok...

27 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

It's explained in Thor: Ragnarok... It's one of those things, that if you didn't see previous films, you won't understand.

I don't understand how you can interpret being defeated by the most powerful being in the MCU as "taking away from what the Hulk brings to the table." The Hulk isn't even stronger than Thor, which was again, shown in Ragnarok...

I saw Ragnarok, it bolsters how I feel. We ( readers of the comics ) all know that Thor is NOT stronger than the Hulk, and perhaps that is what I take issue with.

They can show Thanos defeating the Hulk and I have no issue at all in them showing that. I hope I get an explanation in future films that explains how they handled the Hulk not wanting to emerge. What I saw could have been handled better and I am not alone in that thinking.

Edited by Artboy99

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I saw Ragnarok, it bolsters how I feel. We ( readers of the comics ) all know that Thor is NOT stronger than the Hulk, and perhaps that is what I take issue with.

They can show Thanos defeating the Hulk and I have no issue at all in them showing that. I hope I get an explanation in future films that explains how they handled the Hulk not wanting to emerge. What I saw was awful ( IMHO ) and I am not alone in that thinking.

Yeah, I read comics, and Thor > Hulk.

Regardless of the comics, Thor > Hulk in the MCU, since Day 1. There is no amount of power that The Hulk can muster to wield Mjolnir, as an example.

They already gave you an explanation as to why the Hulk does not emerge for the rest of the film. If you have failed to recognize that, it is not Marvel Studios' (or anyone else's) duty to delve deeper. It's fairly obvious. You're not alone in this thinking, but you're in a tiny minority.

Either you didn't watch both movies enough, or you will never understand.