• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
5 5

2,252 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, bronze_rules said:

Hats off to your for 82 times. Don't think I could ever do that nowadays (with any movie). 

I thought that super-fan saw it 42 times and got invited to the premiere. Too bad you don't have evidence, maybe you would get invited also.

Seeing as you have a lot of ideas about it, what's your theories on what will happen, or did happen unbeknownst to viewers.

I only saw it 6 times in theaters, though. That superfan saw it about 50 times in theaters. I downloaded a very HQ 720p bootleg after a couple of weeks, and watched that version, about 30 more times. I'm not really a cinephile, but I can watch a great movie over, and over again. I've seen The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, and BvS probably all more than 50 times. Probably original Star Wars trilogy, too.

Marvel Studios throws a lot of misdirection at us, so I try not to theorize about "information leaks" and/or "set photos". I'm also trying to focus on what I want to happen and how it can logically occur in Avengers 4. I think that the Infinity Stones have to go. With Kevin Feige stating that this is indeed the finale to all things Phases 1-3, and these McGuffins bringing everything together, it wouldn't make sense for an Infinity Watch. They need to cease to exist. My most popular theory is that The Snap drained half of the total power of the stones. A second snap would be capable of "undoing" the first, and would drain the remaining power from the ingots, officially ending their influence on the MCU.

Other than that, I got nothing. Lol. Infinity War blew me away, and I'm hoping for more of the same in the next one. Not trying to theorize too much. I'm also still enjoying Infinity War and plan to watch it 18 more times by the time April rolls around.

36 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I only saw it 6 times in theaters, though. That superfan saw it about 50 times in theaters. I downloaded a very HQ 720p bootleg after a couple of weeks, and watched that version, about 30 more times. I'm not really a cinephile, but I can watch a great movie over, and over again. I've seen The Dark Knight, Man of Steel, and BvS probably all more than 50 times. Probably original Star Wars trilogy, too.

Marvel Studios throws a lot of misdirection at us, so I try not to theorize about "information leaks" and/or "set photos". I'm also trying to focus on what I want to happen and how it can logically occur in Avengers 4. I think that the Infinity Stones have to go. With Kevin Feige stating that this is indeed the finale to all things Phases 1-3, and these McGuffins bringing everything together, it wouldn't make sense for an Infinity Watch. They need to cease to exist. My most popular theory is that The Snap drained half of the total power of the stones. A second snap would be capable of "undoing" the first, and would drain the remaining power from the ingots, officially ending their influence on the MCU.

Other than that, I got nothing. Lol. Infinity War blew me away, and I'm hoping for more of the same in the next one. Not trying to theorize too much. I'm also still enjoying Infinity War and plan to watch it 18 more times by the time April rolls around.

Nice use of McGuffins! Haven’t seen that since screenwriting studies.

I posted earlier that Gamora could be inside the soul gem. Seeing that thanos saw an earlier version of her, perhaps he and the disappearing half went there too. The scene of him sitting like a farmer and watching the sunset at the end is straight out of the comics. 2c

EB5EC57E-83FB-4DD2-8B41-5240BA4C6720.jpeg

Edited by bronze_rules

On 10/19/2018 at 6:40 AM, TwoPiece said:

We have to remember that the MCU is not synonymous with Marvel Comics. In the MCU, the Power Stone doesn't grant physical strength, but "power of infinite destruction". The stones glow when being activated by the gauntlet, and it isn't activated at any point during combat with Hulk.

While the Russo Bros did tell us that Thanos uses all of the Infinity Stones in the scene after he acquires them, and he does so for 4 of them, he does not do so with the Soul and Mind Stones (unless you want to consider The Snap).

I've seen the movie 82 times, and the only point I see him use the Soul Stone, is in his 1-on-1 with Doctor Strange.

I think you are making assumptions that aren't justifiable. The soul stone worked on its own, acting exactly as it did in the comics. The reality stone worked on its own. There is no reason to think the power stone only grants power for destruction. Its an infinite source of energy which can be used for anything from creation to destruction and certainly for strength. That is why he got it first. Because he would need the power to get the other stones. 

2 hours ago, Dale Roberts said:

I think you are making assumptions that aren't justifiable. The soul stone worked on its own, acting exactly as it did in the comics. The reality stone worked on its own. There is no reason to think the power stone only grants power for destruction. Its an infinite source of energy which can be used for anything from creation to destruction and certainly for strength. That is why he got it first. Because he would need the power to get the other stones. 

What..? This information isn't made on any assumption(s). It's all in the commentary by the directors and writers on the Blu-ray... I don't understand your comment on the Soul Stone. The discussion is revolving around Thanos using each stone independently directly after acquisition, which he doesn't do with either the Soul Stone or the Mind Stone in Infinity War.

Also, all of the Infinity Stones are "infinite sources of energy", so that's not a legitimate argument for why he goes after the Power Stone first. There's no evidence that the Power Stone can "create" anything. The Russo Bros already declared that the Gauntlet (and the stones) are not capable of creating/expanding matter, to prevent people from using that as an argument against Thanos' quest in this movie. "This universe is finite; it's resources finite." <- Important direct quote from the movie.

3 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Pepper Potts pic leaked from A4, you guessed it...

Reveal hidden contents

Rescue

rescue.JPG.956ae93023873d3c80fd628a59eca0c2.JPG

Partially confirmed in Avengers: Infinity War:

Spoiler

When Pepper calls Tony after he boards Maw's ship, the subtitles read:

"I'm going too..."

As opposed to, "I'm going to..." Seemingly indicating that she's preparing to suit up as Rescue.

Hmmm, Asian double required, explicitly states no facial hair...hm 

"Central Casting is looking for PHOTO DOUBLES to work on this exciting project. You must have all day availability for filming on Fri 12/8. A fitting will be required in Fayetteville at a TBD date, so you should have a flexible schedule. [...] "Jack" Double: Looking for a male who portrays Asian, 30's-50's with SHORT HAIR (must be willing to have hair trimmed to desired length. NO facial hair.) Height 5'6-5'8, around 150lbs. Should match these sizes: Coat 40, 16x32 shirt, 31x30 pants. "David" Double: Looking for a male who portrays African American, late 20's-40's, with a lighter complexion. Looking for SHORT hair (must be willing to have hair trimmed to desired length). MUST HAVE A GOATEE- or be willing to have facial hair altered. Height 5'10-6'0, around 180lbs, 32 wasit."

9 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Hmmm, Asian double required, explicitly states no facial hair...hm 

"Central Casting is looking for PHOTO DOUBLES to work on this exciting project. You must have all day availability for filming on Fri 12/8. A fitting will be required in Fayetteville at a TBD date, so you should have a flexible schedule. [...] "Jack" Double: Looking for a male who portrays Asian, 30's-50's with SHORT HAIR (must be willing to have hair trimmed to desired length. NO facial hair.) Height 5'6-5'8, around 150lbs. Should match these sizes: Coat 40, 16x32 shirt, 31x30 pants. "David" Double: Looking for a male who portrays African American, late 20's-40's, with a lighter complexion. Looking for SHORT hair (must be willing to have hair trimmed to desired length). MUST HAVE A GOATEE- or be willing to have facial hair altered. Height 5'10-6'0, around 180lbs, 32 wasit."

12/8 is a Saturday, so that should be interesting.

I don't think I posted this here, yet:

Avengers: Annihilation trailer is expected to be released on Wednesday, November 28th.

This movie is a bigger secret than Infinity War, which is honestly surprising, considering how both employees and fans were misdirected and blinded throughout that experience. Both the title and release date may be false but comes from reliable sources.